Houzz Logo Print
isidora_markovic90

Showers - overhead or detachable?

Isidora Markovic
hace 7 años

In my experience this small but significant difference is one that tends to split opinion! Some prefer detachable because they are more adjustable (and - for me - mean I can easily wash just my hair without getting drenched!), but others find overhead to be more efficient as they tend to have a bigger surface area for water to pour down from, which can mean quicker showers!

Eaton Place · Más información

Houzzers - which wins it for you?

Both!
I'm more of a bath person myself
Other - tell us below!

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Parker Bathrooms & Kitchens
    hace 7 años

we agree with Minnie, a handset is invaluable in a shower space. p.s. the Fiora shower tray and matching basin are just as stunning up close

• PRO
    BigBathroomShop
    hace 7 años

Both definitely! A detachable shower head provides an easy way to rinse and clean around your shower, and an overhead shower creates a refreshing showering experience.

• Lauren
    hace 7 años

The fixed ones don't allow for cleaning baby/kids so it seems rather form over function to me.

• PRO
    Bath-Accessories
    hace 7 años

We will recommend both! Overhead showers are really great, but imagine when you have little children...you know how they HATE to wash their hair? :) It will be quite easy to take shower them with detachable showers. Also, it is easy to clean your bathroom with detachable shower.

• Susanne
    hace 7 años

Not having a detachable shower would put me off buying a house!

• User
    hace 7 años
    If you need a detachable one if you have an overhead one, why have an overhead one at all? It would suggest they're excess to requirements and a bit of a non starter.
  • sarahhancock212
    hace 7 años
    An overhead drenching shower is bliss for relaxing (oh, and getting clean) and the detachable one is for children's hair, cleaning and any bits that may need a closer stream of water. Both for me, every time.
  • J&R K
    hace 7 años

We are currently making this decision ourselves as part of our own renovation. I can understand that an overhead shower gives more of a feeling of luxury, but for me the detachable is the essential for all the reasons others have mentioned, and the overhead is just an optional extra.

• PRO
    Reniam Limited
    hace 7 años

Nothing like a rainfall shower, but hand shower gets you squeaky clean

• Isidora Markovic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I agree - detachable is definitely the more versatile so more functional, but I wouldn't say no to both!

• PRO
    Soak Bathrooms
    hace 7 años

Both are great, but if youve got the power the rain showers are lovely

• PRO
    Vivienne Lawson
    hace 7 años

Overhead for a wonderful shower experience and detachable to clean the shower!

• barbara birkbeck white
    hace 7 años

Both without question. Having recently replaced my bathroom, I treated myself to both. A bath is my number one choice for relaxation. An overhead shower is a wonderful (and quicker) way to start the day. The handheld addition is great for a hair wash while luxuriating in the tub and makes cleaning a snap.

• Isidora Markovic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@barbara birkbeck white - wow what a gorgeous bathroom you have!

• PRO
    ITFITZ
    hace 7 años

PB Set 23 · Más información
    We like both overhead and detachable shower showers. We have a new range on our site, take a look!

• PRO
    LUSSO
    hace 7 años

Hi all here is our new range of shower sets. what are your opinions.

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · Más información

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · Más información

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · Más información

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.