Houzz Logo Print
diana9452

Pool wall

diana9452
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Hi, I know this topic has been discussed before but I was hoping for some new inspirations. I am in the process of redoing my pool and I am stuck with ideas for the wall by the pool. I have come as far as choosing a tile which in hindsight was not the greatest idea. But this is what I have to play with as of today.

y thoughts went from graffiti mural to vertical garden to French doors. Not convinced or can't be decisive on anything. Thought?

Comentarios (28)

• nfunit
    hace 7 años

A friend put some wall art lightboxes near their small pool - looked fantastic day and night eg

Creative Outdoor Solutions · Más información

• PRO
    Morel Construction Ltd
    hace 7 años

I love the look of timber around a pool! Although when you're thinking about any greenery going on the side of the pool keep in mind the leaves will get in the pool (meaning more cleaning for you)

• Swa Neee
    hace 7 años

this might go with the tiles you have chosen, it has a waterfall feature that stays in the frame rather than falling into the pool

This one would bring some light into the corner

• Martin Carr
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Horizontal timber slats will give you a sense of length.

DDB DESIGN Exteriors & Pools · Más información

Or laser cut screens can give you a great effect.

Bayside Project · Más información

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks everyone... love the frame idea. That might be a perfect fit.

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Also love timber but that does not really suit the house.

• Gallifrey
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think keeping it simple would be the best option. The pool should be the feature not the wall. I would just paint it in a light colour. everything else will date.

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Great idea... maybe light blue?

• User
    hace 7 años

Same colour as the colourbond cladding you've used, is that surfmist? I wouldn't introduce a new colour, especially with the green tile.

I agree with Gallifrey about the pool being the feature, but I also think the area runs the risk of seeming a bit box-y and bland. Maybe an outdoor mirror of some sort?

• Karen Lea
    hace 7 años

I would use a piece of stainless steel sheet, or galvanized ripple iron (similar to your cladding), more durable than mirror, a bit reflective, adds light and a bit of interest without being over the top. It would be in keeping with your house too.

• Karen Lea
    hace 7 años

And you could frame it!

• ka5en
    hace 7 años

Because it is a small enclosed space be careful that you don't put something too big so that the space is overwhelmed.

Blending in with the surrounds would be better IMO so that the area becomes a relaxing space rather than something that screams PARTY TIME!! Although you may like that particular theme. :)

We have a small blade waterfall on ours and it is relaxing and mesmerising and because you have a room that overlooks the pool it visually invites you into that space, although it is separate.

I really like Swa Nee's idea.

• Claudio Guajardo
    hace 7 años

Hey, regardless of what you choose for the surface I think the wall needs strip lighting LED along top facing down to throw soft light and create shadows on surface. The surface finish maybe a stucco or an uneven finish, maybe even a mosaic tile work. During the day it should rely on sunshine and shadows but at night it needs to create a mood to be enjoyed from inside. My view.

• millthumpian
    hace 7 años

I would maybe echo the colours in the room facing the pool and then put something playful you could swap out. e.g. the swiss cross in black / surf mist, dayglo yellow whatever your colour scheme is) which you could swap out for some cool wall sculpture when you get sick of that. A pop of bright Orange maybe to warm it up? I suppose it all comes down to budget! If it was..... Unlimited! I would mirror the whole thing, to give it some reflective depth and create a sense of space. Tiles or sheet depends on access and stay away from plants which drop leaves (yes bamboo I am talking about you) or at least get huge leafed ones so you don't have to keep emptying the skimmer box.

• millthumpian
    hace 7 años

Second thoughts! Maybe paint it silver screen and project your TV?

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

All valid points and great ideas. I agree with using maybe some colours that I have inside to make the transition smooth. I should have mentioned that I have yellowish timber stairs running through the house and now that I have chosen the dark teal tiles this even stands more out then before and are a sore to my eyes and clashes even more now. I am leaning now more towards painting that wall grey mist and getting some plant Potts on either side with huge babana leave plants. Where the grey spot is used to be a waterfall feature with brown pebbled stone display/ plaque. It also had a led light in it... I now see this was skilfully done to Blend all the colours ( like the yellow timber) from inside to outside..

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

This is what it looked like.. maybe I should rip the green tiles out and use a more neutral colour...

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

• bigreader
    hace 7 años
    Hopefully you'll get a result you're happy with but the starting pic was perfectly fine and looked good.
  • diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Agree but a bit old fashioned and due for a make over with it being all rusty and dirty.

• siriuskey
    hace 7 años

Would love to see you keep the water feature, love the relaxing sound and the way it moves the water in the pool instead of just being stagnant

• siriuskey
    hace 7 años

Lighting is a very important and a good feature wall colour

Contemporary Pool · Más información

The Manhattan, Dalkeith Display, Western Australia · Más información

Lambeth Road · Más información

• PRO
    archimondo
    hace 7 años

Throw a crocodile in the pool and no one will notice the wall. ).(

• Kerri Scholl
    hace 7 años

I'm not a huge fan of the teal tiles. I would pick up a beautiful neutral travertine and some natural stone that highlights the white and pulls in the yellow timber tones to form the pool edge.

Timber walls are stunning, but it requires a lot of maintenance and the commitment to keep it looking pristine. It is easier to colour block with a deep accent colour like grey or rich brown and use architectural features like pillars, shadowboxes or the frames as previously mentioned.

It is also well worth getting a lighting designer to come in and help you think about how to create more drama and functional lighting for your pool.

• PRO
    Dolphin Pools
    hace 6 años

Hi Diana, I have a couple of thoughts if you are still in the process - Fully tiling that wall in a black mosaic would look pretty special, something that contrasts to your chosen tile in the pool. Other option would be to do a rock feature on there, would probably a little more $$ but would look fantastic. I have included a photo, I would nearly even go a bit darker than the one in the image as well. Cheers Kim

• diana9452
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

I have just chosen a black and grey mosaic. Will post the end result ...

• PRO
    Dolphin Pools
    hace 6 años

I love that idea - I love the contrast of black tile with another colour; in your case green, cannot wait to see the end result.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.