Houzz Logo Print
donnatrus

Sherwin Williams Pure White vs. Greek Villa... Anyone used?

donnatrus
hace 7 años

Hi, I'm choosing a white for our new custom kitcgen cabinets and need to pick a Sherwin Williams paint. There are 50 whites!?? Who knew? Has anyone used SW white for kitchen cabinets? Anyone used Pure White or Greek Villa? I'm liking both. I don't want Pure White to look too stark or dull/grey. But not sure if Greek Villa is too creamy/yellow. I want a nice true white.. Thank you!!

Comentarios (222)

• jesslcac
    hace 3 años

Something in this color family would help tie it all together.

Looks like Sherwin Williams Ramie would work well. Surprisingly your kitchen will still look very light and bright! My cabinets are painted in a similar color and are still very light.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

Is your lighting 4000 lumens LED. Get that fixed first. You have big challenge for sure. We always get cabinets in first then backsplash. I don’t think any of the above choices is going to work. Let me think about it and see what I can come up with. Don’t rush this.

• mrykbee
    hace 3 años

Deborah Zito, what color is your wall?

• Deborah Zito
    hace 3 años

@flo my lighting is horrible. The bulbs are like gold orange glow 2700k soft white? I hate them. I can’t find an in-between bulb. It’s either orange or blue ER looking light 🤣!! I just want a clean fresh bright kitchen. I love the new subway tile backsplash. I just didn’t think it was sooooooo white. If I would have painted my cabinets first then put in the subway I would have cried for sure. Old kitchen wants new look.

• Deborah Zito
    hace 3 años

Wall is BM muslin

• Deborah Zito
    hace 3 años

My granite is the boss! Why can’t I have white cabinets? It’s gotta work 🤯 I’m in to deep now. 🙏🏻

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

I am trying to come up with alternative idea for you.have you considered doing cabinets a color and walls whiter? Your cabinets are really high quality and beautiful. Take a look at these photos. See if any ideas emerge.

• Sue
    hace 3 años

Here is what it may look like with white cabinets. This is a picture from our bathroom where the cabinet refinishers mistakenly made our cherry cabinets SW Snowbound. This will show you the contrast if you use white. We had to go in and replace the countertops. We are still renovating.

• Faye Jordan
    hace 3 años

I have pure white by Sherwin williams for my kitchen cabinets and a white elongated subway tile. They look beautiful together!! You really can’t go wrong with pure white. It does not look yellow at all up, just soft white.

• Laura C
    hace 3 años

@Flo Mangan Help!! We just bought a new (to us) craftsman-style house and have just finished repainting all the walls. We thought we could leave the trim and doors as is, but now that we’ve repainted, the trim looks yellow and dingy in some of the rooms, so looks like we’ll have to repaint after all.

We have SW Gossamer Veil on the main walls and ceiling, Austere Gray on walls and ceiling in MB and MBath, Sea Salt on walls and ceiling in Study, Naval on walls and ceiling in half bath w/ white wainscoting, Thunder Gray in laundry room w/ Greek Villa on ceiling, Cascades in DR w/ Greek Villa on ceiling, Woody Rosemary in guest bath w/ a creamy white board and batten, and Repose Gray in the guest bedrooms.

Which white would look best with those colors? Our color consultant recommended Greek Villa, but I’m worried it will appear too warm/yellow in some of the rooms. But if we go with a different, brighter white, will the rooms with the Greek Villa ceiling look horrible?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 3 años

Laura C. Please start a separate dilemma. You have very big one that deserves proper attention. Post the name of your dilemma when done.

• Laura C
    hace 3 años

Done. Title is: Sherwin Williams Trim Color Dilemma - Help! Thanks!

• PRO
    Clay Hall Design
    hace 3 años

To the person asking about color temp of lighting - WAC’s new Lotos 3000 kelvin LEDs work wonderfully as an in-between warm and cool. Feels warm, looks clean. If you need light bulbs, try Hyperikon’s LEDs at 3000k. Their dimming performance has been great.

• PRO
    Kylie M Interiors
    hace 3 años

If you want a nice TRUE white, you won't get it with either of those colours. Please check out SW High Reflective White or Behr Ultra Pure White. I actually just wrote a blog post about this EXACT TOPIC that could be very helpful to you! https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/paint-colour-review-the-5-whitest-white-paint-colours/

• salvationiseternal
    hace 3 años

Deborah Z. With the new Philips Hue color lightbulbs, you can control the color and temperature of the light. We love our Hue lightbulbs. Any color, range, temperature, and brightness, you set the color you like best.

• Messai Belayneh
    hace 3 años

Hi there, I would appreciate your help on picking out white paint for a new house I‘m moving into: long narrow living room with southeast facing windows on one end and northwest facing windows on the other, ,low ceiling, red oak with yellow undertones? looking for a warmer white that doesn’t feel too yellow. I usually like a nice contrast between doors/trims and wall but worried about the low ceiling so I’m thinking I’d need to go all white. Any recommendations on the type of white for the way the windows face and the flooring? maybe a warmer white that’s still bright? and can I keep the trim/doors/mantle a stark white as they are now?

• jesslcac
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

Sherwin Williams Alabaster would be beautiful! It looks beautiful as a wall color with stark white trim. This bedroom has Alabaster walls and Sherwin Williams Extra White trim.

• Usuario de Houzz-940358159
    hace 3 años

You can also check out SW Pearly with SW Extra White Trim.

• Messai Belayneh
    hace 3 años

Great thank you. How about the ceiling? should I be painting it extra white same as trim and door also? with the ceiling being low, do you think the contrast between alabaster and extra white will accentuate the low ceiling or not so much?

• jesslcac
    hace 3 años

I would paint the ceiling Alabaster. It will not highlight the height but make it disappear and feel cohesive with the rest of the room.

• Messai Belayneh
    hace 3 años

Thank you @jesslcac! Any recommendation on sheen?

• jesslcac
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

You’re welcome! Matte or eggshell on walls and flat on ceiling. This bedroom’s walls are Alabaster in matte, and the ceiling is Alabaster in a flat finish/sheen.

• Tabitha Bishop
    hace 3 años

Deborah- my granite is very similar to yours and I’m currently struggling with this same decision. What white did you choose? I was leaning towards Greek villa or Ivory lace. Who knew white would be so hard?

• Tabitha Bishop
    hace 3 años

SW Greek Villa with new to be installed tile and existing counter.

• Usuario de Houzz-825945015
    hace 2 años

Painting whole house Sherwin Williams Greek Villa. My trim and ceilings are pure white. Will they compliment the greek villa wall color? They are in good shape and don’t want to have to repaint them.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Here is analysis of Greek Villa. I would go with cleaner color than Greek Villa. Your countertop is so strong gold the off whites that are more toward the green/yellow part of this color wheel would work better with all your choices. Plus, if you eventually change your countertop you will have easier time. I would check SW Alabaster or SW Pure White in flat finish. With flat finish you will still have some difference but keep clean look.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Opps.

hace 2 años

Sorry, i must have commented on someone else’s picture. These are the countertops and tile. Would Greek Villa still not work?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

What color are your cabinets? You will need to prime your gold walls. Yellows bleed through and will impact any color you select. With this photo, is the trim around window SW Pure White? Are you keeping current cabinets? If so, you need to determine cabinet basic color and then coordinate with that. A neutral will work with your countertop. Going to be tricky.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Btw, I just painted our whole house except dining room SW Alabaster and it works well with all our elements. We have a bright white trim.

• galetrammel
    hace 2 años

I have too except for two bedrooms and one bathroom. I'm pretty happy with it.

• happyleg
    hace 2 años

With your cabinets the other color of is your color of off white or something so I'm thin so I would go with the pure with the pure white cause your window looks pure white and that will tie it into your identify your plugs and switches too

hace 2 años

Cabinets are slightly creamy in certain lights. They are glazed. I bought the greek villa paint already. Hope i didn’t make a mistake.😩

• happyleg
    hace 2 años

Just maybe it will blend.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 2 años

Test a spot to see if it works with cabinets. If not, since it’s not custom color they might exchange it for you.

• salvationiseternal
    hace 2 años

We painted Greek Villa on our trim and while it is a bright white, it does have a smidge of warmth that should blend with your countertops and cabinets. i think it will work well. Show pictures when done, please.

hace 2 años

That makes me feel better!😊

Thank you

hace 2 años

Not too bad. Need another coat on walls. Cabinets lean a little creamy, but I can live with it.

• happyleg
    hace 2 años

Wow not bad at all! :)

• salvationiseternal
    hace 2 años

Thanks for the pictures! Looks good :).

hace 2 años

How is the best way to dress these windows?

• happyleg
    hace 2 años

Leave the ceiling windows bare otherwise you have to have remote control to is troll to raise and lower them Do you want blinds you could do that

hace 2 años

Leaving the top windows, and have wooden blinds on bottom. Where should I hang window treatments?

• happyleg
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Either measure across to the next window for single shade And spaced 2 to 4" above the window or do individuals between the windows and decide if you need out or inside the window frame

• maxineshell
    hace 2 años

This thread is the mother load of white threads. Here's my Q. New build and unable to get in beforehand with my Samplize Cabinets are a very bright ice white, proably 90+ LRV, no undertone but possibly cool. They are offering either SW Pure White or SW Extra White. I'm afraid Extra won't match exactly and will look like a match fail but that Pure White will look dingy next to the ice white cabinets plus Pure White runs warmer and the cabinets are cool so that doesn't sound great. Thanks for any advice. Thanks.

• happyleg
    hace 2 años

To answer your question you need a dilemma this is someone else's page that you didn't have permission to ask the question because the person is done with the Dilemma

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.