Houzz Logo Print
brendaclayton

How to decide what color to paint the master bedroom?

brendaclayton
hace 11 años
what colors are the most romantic, but restful :0)

Comentarios (15)

• anne dee
    hace 11 años
    what's your style?
  • latifeh hammad
    hace 11 años
    Pale blue , sage or even darker colors like charcoal or chocolate brown depending on your style
  • DIAspoton
    hace 11 años
    how often do you like to change the look and feel of the room? change and surprise can be very romantic. if you go with a very neutral wall and drape color the room can be completely different by switching linens and a few accessories. rotate with the seasons: fresh citrus or soft pastels for spring. all white and cool, soothing off whites with wonderful textures for a beachy summer or go with bright, hot love colors and mixed patterns for summer. you get the idea.
    browse houzz, horchow, soft surroundings and others for inspiration.
  • brendaclayton
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I like sage, but seem to gravitate towards greens..........always. what about gray and white. How much white is too much white in the bedroom?
  • brendaclayton
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I don't even know what my style is
  • brendaclayton
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Love it!
  • K B
    hace 11 años
    Pardon the intrusion, but I browsed through your Ideabooks (yes, people can do that unless you mark them private under collaborate). While you have some more traditional kitchens selected it seems you like more contemporary finishes. If you want a style let's say "Contemporary Romantic." I know it's amazing that you get this kind of service for free... That said, what colors do you find relaxing as it is very hard to be romantic if you're not relaxed. For example all 4 of the pics below are beautiful. I love the colors in the first 3 rooms, but the 3rd pic. still has too much going on in it for me to find it relaxing. The 4th pic is beautiful but I find the yellow accents jarring and not relaxing. So while it comes down to personal preferences, generally keep visual clutter to a minimum and pick colors that you find relaxing and you're halfway there. (Very hard to feel romantic when you see a load of laundry in the corner that needs to be folded).
    Chalet Interiors · Más información

Parkwood Road Residence Master Bedroom · Más información

https://www.houzz.com/photos/2011-dream-home-bedroom-at-merchandise-mart-transitional-bedroom-chicago-phvw-vp~213842
  • brendaclayton
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    thanks very much for advise on all accounts! Yes, I'm with you about pic three, too much. The only thing I like on that pic is the pale wall boars, which by the way is a very interesting way to frame out.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Here is a cautionary tale about colour in the bedroom (for fun!) Maybe you will know what colour NOT to paint it!
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 11 años
    Psychology of colours 101 (a very rough guide for the bedroom)
    Colours: red - stimulating/passionate/warm; pink - calming, unwind tense emotions; orange - sexy (so if you want peace don't paint it this); yellow - positive and bright; green - easiest for brain to adapt to therefore least stress inducing; blue - sweet dreams; violet - calms paranoia promotes meditation
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    Ha ha ha! Don't go red? Funny!....Bobbi
  • PRO
    Recreate and Decorate
    hace 11 años
    If you like romantic, I think white and light gray is very romantic! A crisp white comforter!
  • brendaclayton
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    That's a riot! Nope, no red
  • DIAspoton
    hace 11 años
    oh maybe that's why i've never had a red bedroom!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.