Houzz Logo Print
welshguy365

Bedroom Revamp

welshguy365
hace 7 años

Hi, I'm currently looking to give my bedroom a much needed makeover. I'm open to any idea's such as furniture/lighting/art etc. I would like to keep the walls the same colour as the room can become quite dark. A new tv unit is a must, I was thinking the same colour as the wardrobe if possible. I've attached some photo's below. Any help/ideas would be great as i'm really not good with colours(male)

Comentarios (12)

• Carolina
    hace 7 años

Hi, I'm just bumping your question to the top of the list again

• hortonhearsawho2013
    hace 7 años

I'd start with a new duvet with plenty of colours! Check this out http://www.next.co.uk/g542246s4#953716

Some artwork, floor lamp for the corner, new mirror, headboard and definitely a new TV Unit to match with the wardrobe, one that also combines a desk if possible!

Check out some of the pictures on Houzz and start saving to your idea book so people can get an idea of your personal style.

Also check out notonthehighstreet.co.uk for some different stuff

• A B
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Love carolina's suggestions. Could you also display your surfboard on the wall of the corridor bit as you enter the bedroom?

• welshguy365
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you Carolina! Some great suggestions there. It is indeed a surfboard :)

• Marisol Garces
    hace 7 años
    You could hang the tv on the wall. PC World sells special tv brackets.
  • PRO
    Decology
    hace 7 años

Hi there!

Carolina had some great suggestions. We recently completed a project where we did just that - a wrap around built in unit was designed that incorporated the bed, cupboards, desk and shelving. This room was tiny and we placed the built in bed against the wall and under the window to make space for everything else. The client painted the whole room in blue in this case (very much on trend at the moment) -you can see that even though the room has only a tiny window it still looks quite light - so don't be afraid of colour. But if you are not keen on colour, the same idea would work beautifully in a light grey such a Slipper Satin or String White (F&B). www.decology.co.uk

A guest bedroom · Más información

A guest bedroom · Más información

• PRO
    J.N.Rusticus
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hi,

If you wanted to add a bit of industrial charm and a trendy addition why not consider our industrial style rustic muntjac low cabinet this also comes with a matching range.

https://www.jnrusticus.com

Industrial Style Rustic Muntjac Low Cabinet · Más información

• PRO
    Corinne Natel Art Ltd
    hace 7 años

Hi if you are looking for art, I create original abstract artworks. I think this piece would look great in the room.

For more artworks please visit my website: www.corinnenatel.co.uk
    Feel free to email me for more information: design@corinnenatel.co.uk

• User
    hace 7 años

Hi

From your pictures it looks like you could do with some storage and also hiding away the cables would make the room look much more tidy. Therefore I would suggest you hang the TV on the wall and get a nice white desk with a matching bedside cabinet that will offer you both storage and a nice and modern design. Also, I believe changing the duvet covers to a plain fabric and choosing roller blinds instead of curtains will give your room a very modern feel.

I've attached the desk and the bedside cabinet we could supply in either white or the colour matching your wardrobe if you like the design. For more info contact us at info@lookginger.com

• Jonathan
    hace 7 años
    I don't think a white room is lighter - in fact I think a little colour stops it feeling dull.
    Personally I think it feels a little unloved and needs to feel more expensive- on my shopping list would be a large light coloured piece of furniture to go where the tv is, a mid tone paint, white/ pale curtain and bedding, an oversized padded headboard, oversized bedside lights with white shades and a full length mirror and pictures with similar
    frames to break up the walls.
  • User
    hace 7 años
    I'd go for TV wall mounted, small unit below (Ikea have some good ones). It seems that the bed takes up most of the room, so I would potentially look at a sliding wardrobe. If you're in the UK, Ikea or The Range have some great artwork, mine are New York and Paris pictures.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.