Houzz Logo Print
hannahchittenden22_1

How can I improve my kitchen for move in date?

Hannah Chittenden
hace 7 años
Getting ready for move in date. Can't decide on a color to paint the cabinet doors. was thinking white with white walls would make the room look bigger. I would go with brown but I think it would clash with the counter tops, although the wood is darker on the outside of the cabinets. I am getting stainless steel appliances and painting the baseboard also.

Comentarios (3)

• apaquin25
    hace 7 años

It doesn't look like you get a lot of natural light near the stove part of the kitchen. I would paint them either white or a very light gray. That will help modernize the space and keep it light in stead of feeling dark and small.

• Kathy Yata
    hace 7 años

I'd move in and think about it for a while before painting the cabinets. A single overhead light isn't adequate, put in under cabinet LED at the very least, hat will brighten things up right there. A good scrubbing needs to be done before painting and that might change your mind about the way the kitchen looks. The new appliance color will change things too. Can you see how white and your current surfaces are fighting?

If you must paint now don't paint pure white as the floor, counter and backsplash would look dingy. Choose a warm pale gray to beige to greige instead and it would be best to buy samples and paint on boards before committing as those colors have undertones. You do not want to be surprised by purple, green, blue, yellow or mauve cabinets with your beige/tan/brown/stainless surfaces!

• PRO
    Victory Home Remodeling
    hace 2 años

Everything from the style of your cabinets to the amount of natural light your kitchen receives are key factors to consider when choosing a color. Plus, there's an abundance of shades within the same color, making the decision process even more overwhelming.

You could consider Muted Shades. This is because we're finally moving beyond the all-white or light gray kitchen and more and more designers and homeowners are embracing kitchens in muted colors like navy, deep greens, warm ivories, and even charcoal. People are really gravitating toward the look and feel of English country kitchens and we're seeing it most obviously in these unique color choices.

Check some muted shades examples here too...

https://www.houzz.com/projects/users/victoryhomeremodeling 

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.