Houzz Logo Print
mzabaneh

Fan in kitchen!?

M Zab
hace 7 años
We are making some upgrades to the kitchen and can't decide what to do with this fan!?!? We plan on getting all new stainless appliances and possibly new cabinets and/or countertops.

So, should we replace it with a flush mount fixture or add another recessed light (might be annoying having a single light on its own switch) ???

Thanks for the advise!

Comentarios (10)

• mzapper
    hace 7 años

do you use the fan?

• M Zab
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    No, we've only used it a few times
  • Renee Texas
    hace 7 años

semi-flush pendant may be pretty.

• M Zab
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Is there a flush mount or fan style you would recommend?
  • Tonda Prater
    hace 7 años
    Looks like it's just in a random place. It's not above the island is it? If not I would just get rid of it and put another reseat light
  • Linda Hurley
    hace 7 años
    I agree that it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, I think another recessed light would look best. Another hanging light would also look like it's not over anything.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    I have another possibility solution. Be right back.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

There are some track lighting solutions (not like the old days) that are unique and interesting and you could use that "junction box" and design the track to go over your peninsula/island for a nice updated look. Here is what I mean.

Bold Approach · Más información
    This is a kitchen remodel that had limited lighting. This track approach gave them good lighting where they wanted it and attractively integrated into their ceiling and lighting design.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Track Head Kit, Dark Bronze With Amber · Más información
    There are many variations of this in the market, so I would search around for one that best suited my needs. Fans in kitchens are not done due to dust and grease so this is thing of the past too.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.