Houzz Logo Print
hollanthayer

Please help! Carpeted stairs...dark or light?

hollanthayer
hace 7 años

This is my foyer. The entire main floor will be this darker brown/grey wood. What color should my carpeted stairs/upper area be? The walls are paired BM dove white and the entire banister will be painted black I think. Help!! Have to make a decision soon! Thank you.

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Mary Baldwin Interiors
    hace 7 años

Good morning! First of all, don't paint the entire banister black! This would be too dark paired with the dark wood floor. From looking at your photos, it appears that the rest of your trim is white, so I would leave the staircase as-is (the white spindles compliment your other white trim, and the dark railing and stairs will compliment the dark floor). On the carpet ... of the three choices shown, I would choose the lightest of the three (which looks to be the center sample) -- this would bring out the lighter brown/gray color in the dark wood floor, and would show up better on the dark stairs (the dark carpet with the dark floor will be too much dark). Another choice would be a patterned runner -- this could be a subtle pattern of neutrals, in a traditional, transitional or contemporary design, depending on what else will be going in your room. Also, I would leave the edges of the stairs exposed, as they are now. Hope this helps!

hollanthayer agradeció a Mary Baldwin Interiors
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.