Houzz Logo Print
claire_jacques

Polypropylene or wool carpet?

Claire Jacques
hace 7 años
My builder/carpenter/project manager's carpet guy is recommending 100% polypropylene carpets. My parents say wool. The stain resistance (and price!) of polypropylene appeals but we are going for a high end finish. What do you recommend?

Comentarios (4)

• Amy Brook
    hace 7 años

Personally I feel wool is luxurious

• PRO
    Anna Auzins Interiors Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Hello, Amy,

Wool is always a high-end finish, however I do understand the appeal of easy cleaning and a lower price! You don't say what type of pile you are going for -- flat-weave, velvet, twist?

And in which areas of the house? That can also make a difference.

There is always the option of a blend -- depending on the weave, carpets can be 50/50 wool/polypropylene, or 80/20 wool/polyester, which can help you get the best of both worlds.

• Carolina
    hace 7 años
    I have both, and prefer the poly to the wool. The polypropylene has a bit of a sheen to it and feels much more luxurious to me, the wool is a bit 'dead' after 6 years or so.
  • PRO
    DAP Construction
    hace 7 años

I preferred polyprop
    because polypropylene is very soft, and looks very clean even after two years. If you have kids or animals then
    polypropylene is a better option.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.