Houzz Logo Print
vanderwill

Master Bedroom Curtains?

vanderwill
hace 7 años

Need curtain advice - What texture/color/pattern would best compliment our master bedroom? Furniture is black and walls are a parchment color. I also just purchased the below chairs for this room. Any other design advice for this room is welcomed :)

Comentarios (17)

• vanderwill
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I do like monochromatic. Just worried about the curtains blending into the walls, and on the other hand I feel like a pattern, however subtle, may be too busy.

Thank you for the website recommendation - looking through their options now.

• Maureen
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Given the layout of the windows in the corner, as well as the sconces so close to the windows, wondering if drapery is the best solution. Have you considered roman blinds and since you seem to be drawn to neutrals and subtle color, a soft linen would be nice. Could consider a pattern, if you want a bit of a contrast. Have them lined so they don't fade and will also block out more light.

vanderwill agradeció a Maureen
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

Sure hope no one wants to read in bed those sconces are awful , sorry, as for drapes something in a silk textured same color as walls would be nice

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Is their maybe another wall in your room that the sconces could go on maybe flanking a piece of art? That way soft drapes can be hang on your windows and maybe a small wall accent can go above your bed...you also could add small wall lights above your nightstand for more practical lighting.

• vanderwill
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you Maureen! My husband does like the roman shades the best.

Patricia and Home Interiors with Ease - We really love our lanterns flanking the bed. We have a home library that we prefer to read in, so reading in bed has not become a problem. There are windows and doorways scattered around the remainder of the room, so there's no other area for the lanterns even if we wanted to move them. Thank you both for the input!

• PRO
    vanderwill agradeció a Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Superior Roman Shades
    hace 7 años

Manhattan Beach House · Más información
    Manhattan Beach House · Más información

Lovely space, looks like it just need some finishing touches. An inside mount roman shades would really be the ideal option, the material is a fine woven wood with just enough detail to dress it up a bit. At Superior Roman Shades we specialize in all types of window treatments solutions, feel free to look at all we have to offer.
    http://www.houzz.com/projects/140431/manhattan-beach-house

vanderwill agradeció a Superior Roman Shades
  • Steph
    hace 7 años

Those sconces are huge! Sorry but they look to be outdoor entryway sconces, but if you love, then that is all that matters. Hopefully they never fall off the walls. Try linen Roman shades.

• vanderwill
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

My husband are getting a laugh that our favorite aspect of the room, everyone else seems to hate LOL The lanterns are definitely for indoor use, and though they are large, the room is even more so - in person, it balances.

We were considering the roman blinds but do not want to remove our current wooden blinds that are the same as the ones installed throughout our home. We are going to test out the gray curtains that Home Interiors with Ease posted above.

Thanks everyone!

• Steph
    hace 7 años

You can get outside mount Roman shades, or just linen drapes. I like RH's. The lights may be for indoor use, but I think they would work better in a large forum or room. They seem to be out of proportion and odd for this space. I would hate to have something that big and sharp, looming over me.

• PRO
    Barn & Willow
    hace 7 años

If you're interested in custom Belgian linen shades or curtains (same Belgian linen supplier as RH, but at 1/3 of the price), definitely check us out at Barn & Willow!

We have Mist Gray drapes that are in a similar shade to the one you mentioned above.

We also carry a variety of neutral shades, and I'm sure one will be perfect for your home. Order some free swatches here!

vanderwill agradeció a Barn & Willow
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Could you just move your large lanterns so they hang above your nightstands...I really think it would look very pretty...they just are not making sense hanging up so high...I think that is what is making them look light outdoor light fixtures.

• vanderwill
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

With regards to the lanterns, my husband and I really do love them -
    exactly where they are. They are indeed hanging over our nightstands (not sure
    how the picture conveys otherwise) and are not looming over us or in
    danger of falling as implied by other commenters. Long story short, we have no problem with them and they're staying right where they are.

My original post was regarding curtains, which has been answered.
    When I asked for "any additional design advice", I was hoping to receive potential art, decorative pillow, or throw recommendations as others received when posting their "Design Dilemma". Instead, I have received an immense amount of negative feedback regarding something I did not ask about.

• G
    hace 7 años
    I find most some of the houzz "pros" suffer from OPD (Obnoxious Personality Disorder) and wonder how they can work with real clients when they spend most of the day posting on houzz.
  • Danielle Black
    hace 7 años
    I like original lighting ideas. Beige Roman shades would be nice!
    vanderwill agradeció a Danielle Black
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

You stated any other design advise is welcome....that is why you have received design advice on the lantern placement....no worries if that is how you love them than they stay!:) enjoy your space....love the idea of soft linen Roman shades..hope that works for you.

GL....I enjoy my time on Houzz....instead of TV watching....I am not working 24 hours a day so I have plenty of time to enjoy Houzz...no need to insult an entire group of professionals. I have fun with my clients but I am always honest! Looks to me that most of the very negative comments on this thread are not from "pros"

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.