Houzz Logo Print
dympnastfinians

advice re living room colour/layout/flooring

Dee Mc
hace 7 años
Hi, I am struggling to find a paint colour to match in with grey sofa (Dove grey, laura ashley) . thinking of wooden floors, maybe a dark oak, would love some advise regarding layout and colours. I am also thinking the fireplace needs replacing, any thoughts? Many thanks in advance ☺

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    rum architecture
    hace 7 años

With regards to colour, One solution would be a neutral palatte for the walls with colour added by way of natural material and textures; a timber floor being an ideal starting point. There are lots of opportunities from lighting, wall art and other accessories to add colour such as the kitchen/living design below where we kept the walls and units white but added copper lighting, timber shelving, flooring and furniture to enliven the space.

residential refurbishment · Más información

residential refurbishment · Más información

• Dee Mc
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you both for the input, I love the idea of the built in units either side of the fireplace, finding it had to find a trades person to do this sort of work in Ayrshire.
    I do like the idea of neutrals, I'm wondering would blues fit in ok or would it be too cold? Any advise is greatly appreciated
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Love blues, especially really dark inky blues as feature walls, maybe you could have open shelving and paint the shelving white to brighten it up??

• Dee Mc
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    That's a lovely idea, I will be off to get testers
  • lkirk44
    hace 7 años
    Wallpaper to match paint on chimney breast would give texture to room as it can take it being a good size room. Fireplace looks too small for area really
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 7 años
    The new 'it' Colour for 2017 is denim blue apparently - which goes beautifully with grey !!!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.