Houzz Logo Print
deb_shellenbarger

Need some inexpensive ideas for remodeling my 80's u-shaped kitchen which has no window.

Deb Shellenbarger
hace 11 años
These were expensive Wood Mode cabinets so their quality and function is great and I'm ok with layout so refacing would be one way to go. Don't know if they can be painted. Have to keep it light. Was thinking lighter top cabinets and a bit darker lower ones. Have to keep floor as this tile is in foyer and hallways and will have to wait. Counters and backsplash can change as right now they're cream laminate. Lighting consists of fluorescent under cabinet and ceiling light boxes which we hate. House colors all in warm palette so grays wouldn't work. Whole house has oak trim and doors so can't change. Even tho there is no window it does have opening into sunken dining room with large corner windows. Hate that furniture set but that has to stay for now. Style would need to be somewhat contemporary to match adjacent living area. What do you think?

Comentarios (5)

• Deb Shellenbarger
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Only place to eat is a bistro set on wall between kitchen and dining room.
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    hace 9 años
    krylon paint was developed with painting plastics, so no problem there. Take them out in the yard mask the wood or I'd just put on a coat of vasoline and shoot. Lighting: use slightly angled mirrors on the top of the cabinets and two rows of Light emitting diodes along the front edge of the cabinets with a 1" white plex valance. Take the light down and use this for your power source. Note: you want to use the yellow square leds. 110 rated or transformer type are available from China on ebay for very little$.
    Deb Shellenbarger agradeció a Custom Home Planning Center
  • Deb Shellenbarger
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    We were going to paint over the oak too so they don't look like 80's cabinets. Can't decide to go with a warm white or cream type color .. Here's the granite and backslash we got and new undermount sink and new faucet. We did put rope lighting on top of cabinets, no mirrors. New under cabinet lighting too, but that idea of a 1" white plex valance would be perfect.
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    hace 9 años
    The oak will not take paint as well as the laminate. Consider stripping that material before painting to improve the bonding of the new paint. I might consider an ebony stain on the oak to go with your brown tones in counter and back splash. This will give a niece contrast to the cream paint as well.
  • PRO
    Patricia Buck Studios
    hace 8 años

You don't say if this is all one level. If it is, check out a Sun Tunnel. I put one in my bathroom and it provides incredible daylight.

Bathroom Renovation · Más información

http://low.es/1opbJZD

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.