8226abcd

New kitchen needs a backsplash,advice welcome

8226abcd
hace 7 años
New Quartz counter,(Cambria , ) floors, off white cabinets, have lots of light in the area, but have lived with a dark kitchen and don't want to go that route with the backsplash. Last picture has the accent tile I would like to use, but having a lot of difficulty with the main tile to use or should it be all the same,no accent tile?

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Detroit Tile Company - Maker & Purveyor
    hace 7 años

An accent tile would be fine just pick whatever will make you happy everyday you walk in the kitchen :) You can even add decorative tile behind the stove...

• acm
    hace 7 años

I think that's a really pretty tile, and probably brings enough texture and glint without any additional accent.

• PRO
    Nautaka
    hace 7 años
    Don't break up your backsplash. It's already a small area/short. I'd suggest mirror. It'd reflect the counters & add depth. It can be added in square sheets or lots of mirror tile options. & I always think it adds elegance.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

Love that tile/color! funny, i have that exact same tile sample in the blue! I think it look great as the 'splash. How do you want to lay it??? standard off-set brick? vertical? modern stack? herringbone? chevron??

• groveraxle
    hace 7 años

That tile is very pretty and the color looks perfect. However, it's also very busy, so I would not use it for the whole backsplash as suggested above. I could totally see it as an accent to a non-striated tile in one of the same tones as the accent tile.

• hubcatz
    hace 7 años

Suggest finding a subtle ceramic floor tile (14") that complements but doesn't compete with the counter, then install it on the diagonal. Add a small accent tile where the points intersect in the center. This will take some high school geometry, but depending on the hypotenuse, you may need a straight linear accent tile to fill in the inch or so space remaining at the bottom where the 'splash meets the counter. Start at the most dominant center point like the stove backsplash and measure out from there. Ck out the pix! Have fun!

Cape House · Más información

Cape House · Más información

• PRO
    Shaker Interiors
    hace 7 años
    What is the size of the glass tile? Can you post the other areas where it'd be used, such as over your range? I do like the tile, but it's hard to give advice without seeing more of the space. I love what you've done so far!
  • PRO
    Shaker Interiors
    hace 7 años
    I'm sorry, I see the other shot, which is really helpful. Still would love to know the size of the glass tile.
  • PRO
    Cambria
    hace 7 años

Hello,

Thank you so much for selecting Cambria for your new kitchen counters. We think your new space looks lovely! As far as the backsplash goes, we do love the tiles your have selected. It sounds like your main concerns are whether the tiles you have selected would be too busy, and that you would like to stay away from something dark.
    Your backsplash area is rather narrow, therefore we would recommend staying with one tile design throughout to keep the area from reading visually busy. This could be the one you have selected, or a crisp and clean subway tile as earlier suggested within this thread. Hope this helps, and best of luck with your design project.

• PRO
    Alison Powers Color Consultant
    hace 7 años

Your countertop is visually busy — don't further complicate it with anything but a classic white subway tile.

• PRO
    Refresh Properties | fresh design group
    hace 7 años

Try glass tile. It can be busy using multiple colors or tone it down with a single color, giving a classic uniform look.

1402 Kitchen · Más información

2015 Kitchen · Más información

• Jessica Seppala
    hace 7 años

Can u please tell me the exact name of your Cambria quartz? It looks similar to a sample I currently have.....thx!

• PRO
    Cambria
    hace 7 años

Hello Jessica,

We can't be entirely sure as it can sometimes be difficult to identify a design from digital photo alone, but the design pictured here looks to be our New Quay™ design, part of our Waterstone™ collection.
    https://www.cambriausa.com/Designs/design-palette/New-Quay/

Thanks, and hope this helps!

• 8226abcd
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    So this is the start of the backsplash....took me 6 months of looking at samples to decide on. I love how it looks up,but an FYI..... check that tiles are not broken in shipping box before you start a project! Thankfully our supplier was able to get ahold of more quickly.
  • creative6938
    hace 7 años

Beautiful kitchen -- Have you tried glass tile? It would look great in this space.

• Jessica Seppala
    hace 7 años

Cambria...thank you!!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.