Houzz Logo Print
tino_masaya

I'm Back Again....Desperate As Ever! :(

Tino Felly
hace 7 años
Hi guys. So I posted here 3 years ago and received a lot of positive help but I am back yet again.....the advice was so good I couldn't stay away.

I bought my first ever home and now I'm at the decoration part of it. I want the walls painted a gray colour but not sure which would go best with my furniture and colour scheme. I am going for blues and will attach some pictures of some of the furnishings I will be purchasing. Please help me decide on the best colour as well as placement of furniture. I trust a lot of advice on here and would appreciate all the help I can get. The living room dimensions are 4.5 x 4.8 and below are pictures..

Comentarios (19)

• Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Here are the furnishings I am considering. I purchased these curtains from TK Maxx and I am considering http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/10287370/ from IKEA. Also a large plant and http://www.next.co.uk/g533180s5#983994 from NEXT!!

The couch will remain the same as in my old post. I know a lot of people on here hated it but I love it and it will be staying. Here is the link to my first posting here: Check out this discussion on Houzz - http://houzz.co.uk/sr/m=7/u=L2Rpc2N1c3Npb25zLzc2OTk2Nw==
  • Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for all your great advice Man About The House.

The curtains are actually a duck egg blue (not quite but same family) and the walls currently a Magnolia. I will purchase some paint today and sample some gray that is airy but dark enough for some depth. How about the rug I picked from IKEA, what do you think of it?

• PRO
    Banda Property
    hace 7 años

Hi Tino, congratulations on buying your first home. It looks like a very exciting project. Don't go to dark with the grey as it may make the space feel smaller and the more shades of grey you have the harder it becomes to match them up.

• Kit O
    hace 7 años
    Duck egg and grey! That's totally the colours I'm going for. I'm gonna do a feature wall with the metal panel wallpaper (duck egg colour) - I have a thing for industrial style! I'm tossing up between three greys for the rest of the room.
  • PRO
    Feature Radiators
    hace 7 años

If you had the budget, it would be great to upgrade the radiator. I think a steel multicolumn would look great such as our Bordo. Or maybe one in a bare metal finish such as our Core?

Radiators in industrial spaces · Más información

Radiators in industrial spaces · Más información

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Hi Tino

For you walls I would keep them a fairly light shade of Grey and use darker shades of Grey in some of the furnishings. This could be within the pattern of the fabrics or seating. This way you will keep the space open and light within the room but add dimension and interest too along with your Duck egg. Below are couple from SCION with a nice 'Scandi' feel to compliment your Ikea item. I will put some more for you on my ideas board of my profile

Cheers JJ

• Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hi guys. thanks a lot for the great advice. I switched from the duck egg to red as I couldn't find a big enough rug for the area in blue. I will attach pictures when I get home.
  • Terry Phipps
    hace 7 años

Hi Tino

Congrats on your new home. :0)

Firstly is your room nice and warm. as a sofa in front of the radiator will reduce your heat. TVs over radiator's not a good plan in my book with other electrical units etc.

The panel in between the windows would be a great place to put an upright Radiator, ( it will be a bit of work but would be worth the effort if you channel the pipes into the wall and not surface ). The radiator could be in glass which would also work as a work of art if you can find the design that you really like. This would mean your sofa would go further back on to the wall and giving you another few inches of valuable floor space. The windows then could be dressed with side foils and black out blinds fit close to the windows ( inside tracks if you prefer total light out ).

I hope this give you some inspiration ( :0 ) .

• Terry Phipps
    hace 7 años

Hi Tino

That should be Voiles ???

• david07000
    hace 7 años
    We purchased around 40 testers of grey paint,finally settled on dulux grey steel 1, 2 and 3 used in all the rooms dark medium and light, lovely paint requires 2 Coates.
  • PRO
    None
    hace 7 años
    Hello Tino

the rug is beautiful, gives you a lot of options on the colours as a light & dark grey ...The teals aqua cream ....I have the same rug , iv an eclectic mix of fabrics also go textures ,id use a nutral col pallet for the paint choose the greys from this ,id chose dove laura ashley paint it's a lilac tone giving warmth plus a good sale 1/2 price check website it's bank holiday weekend ... B&q homebase ....id love farrow and ball, kelli hoppen gives the earthy greys ,your sofa looks to be a blue grey this is where u may see a little clash as the rug is aqua iv cream sofas so doesn't affect me ...If you chose to match sofa it would be too dark , try the paint cards to see what works with your lighting, on the ones you choose I always colour swatch ,paint on a4 sheet n pin up tape up to see how it feels for u and looks

karin
  • gilliifer
    hace 7 años

40 testers? !

• iolosdad
    hace 7 años
    Ask the seller?
  • Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hi guys. thanks for your help. I have now changed the colours from Blue to red.....as I couldn't find a suitable rug I liked in duck egg. I'm now struggling with lay out. I can't afford to move the radiator behind the TV and not sure about mounting as the walls are made from plasterboard. Can somebody help me figure this out or suggest alternative lay outs? thanks
  • Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Oh sorry, forgot to add pictures
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Very nice, love the rug and the artwork!

• Tino Felly
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Somebody? anybody help?
  • PRO
    Persona Abode
    hace 7 años
    It's difficult to see the entire room with the pictures you uploaded.

Are any other items going in the room? Bring out the use of red with accessories such as vases, plant pots, cushions and artwork. And then create several areas of interest.

Contact me direct if you need further help.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.