Houzz Logo Print
wcdoran

Grout color advice,please!!!

wcdoran
hace 7 años
I am struggling with the grout color for my upstairs guest bath. The shower/bathtub wall tile is a white "handmade look" subway tile, the edges are uneven. The floor tile is dark brown. I will have a medium brown vanity with white countertop and oil rubbed bronze faucets. I'm going for a semi rustic look. When the tile was installed, but not grouted, I liked the look with the darker color between the tiles so I asked the tile installer to use the same grout as the floor time, mocha. Well...the actual grout turned out darker than the plastic stick and now that it is in I think it looks too dark, busy and kinda messy. My tile guy scraped out a section and replaced it with bright white grout. The white is so closely matched to the tile you now don't see any irregularity in the tile which was the whole point of getting the handmade look. Would an off white grout look dirty? Would a light tan/beige grout color look odd since there is nothing else in the bathroom in that color? Any other suggestions??? Thank you!

Comentarios (11)

• wcdoran
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks for your reply! Do you think adding gray to the brown and white color combo would be ok, not look odd?
  • Kendrah Jensen
    hace 7 años

I have regular white subway tile with black grout. It's not for everybody but I love how mine turned out. I also have way bigger grout lines than you so mine stands out more, I have attached a picture.

• wcdoran
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Kendra's, your grout looks great! I think I like the darker grout on regular subway tile, not so much on the handmade...just looks messy to me. Hoping for a more subtle look. Thanks for posting a pic!
  • wcdoran
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Sorry, autocorrect changed your name
  • Kris Mays
    hace 7 años

I think it looks okay. But id you can change it, I agree with a light grey. And grey is neutral, so using it in your white and brown bathroom is just fine.

• PRO
    C.V. Tile and Stone Home Center
    hace 7 años

I agree with the light grey. Depending on your manufacture near you. Customs Building Products has a nice Cape Grey that goes nice with white handmade subway.

• calidesign
    hace 7 años

With brown floors I would use a taupe colored grout instead of gray, but make sure it is dark enough to give you contrast to the tiles.

• wcdoran
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Wow, never expected to get so many suggestions to use grey. My contractor uses Laticrete grout, any specific grey color recommendation? Taupe is something I will check out too. Sounds like off white or light tan is not the best option. Thanks for all of your input.
  • PRO
    C.V. Tile and Stone Home Center
    hace 7 años

Laticrete you can use either Smoke Grey or Silver Shadow. I think the smoke grey would go well it isn't to dark and should blend in nicely.

• Paul Mann
    hace 3 años

deloran grey from home depot would be my choice

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.