Autor original
    hace 7 años

• Charlotte
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

The sun is making it look lighter - it's a bluey grey colour

• Sandra Marshall
    hace 7 años

Square bays are awkward. I think I would buy white roller blinds for now, then see if it's cold in the winter. If it is, get something interlined and warm in the lovely blue grey. Worth buying good curtains, or having them made. Cheap curtains always bring a room down. John Lewis sometimes reduce their curtains by a lot. I wait for that to happen in my house, never had the cash for made to measure. I like your room, it looks cosy and interesting.

Charlotte agradeció a Sandra Marshall
  • PRO
    Sara Slade Interiors
    hace 7 años

I would recommend a plain curtain fabric that tones in with your wall, something calm in colour, you could even go for a silver/grey colour - you could also go for a fabric that has a soft sheen to it. As the bay window is square you can make the whole space feel cluttered it you use a pattern or anything heavy. Make sure the track or pole you are fitting it to uses the entire bay window so the curtains stack right back allowing all of the light to come into your room. I would recommend a track system that can be bent onto a bay rather than a pole as you currently have with eyelet heading as the curtain cannot move completely around the bay, therefore cutting out light. The other option to make it cosy, would be to go for three Roman blinds inside the Bay which are fitted right up to the ceiling, you will make the window appear bigger and open the window up.

• Bel McKenna
    hace 7 años
    Wooden blinds same colour as wood on fire surround
  • Daisy England
    hace 7 años
    You can buy a pole that's suitable for a bay window. I have one at home.

I'd opt for curtains as opposed to blinds. I'd also look for curtains that have some pattern as everything else is plain.
  • PRO
    Kathy Hanson Interiors
    hace 7 años

A plain fabric would look nice. To add a different texture maybe something like silk which would give a luxurious feel Silk Curtains or even a linen fabric in a similar colour to the chimney breast would look equally as good. Linen Curtains

• PRO
    GNTS Decor
    hace 7 años

Personally, I would go for very light voile curtains to add some privacy to the room, and a pair of darker, perhaps soft grey or dark navy curtains for the evening.

Bay windows can be quite awkward, but you can tie the curtains back with magnetic clips - so you don't have to fix anything to the wall and can play around with how you tie them back.

If you decide to go for curtains, and once you've chosen the material, have a look at the curtain clip / hook collections to hang them! Laura

• minnie101
    hace 7 años

The carpet looks very silver in the pic but I can see you've posted before and it's very definitely a blue grey and the room is lovely and bright! I'd go for some white voile blinds and then have dress curtains stacked right back. I'd go for a golden sand colour to pick up the beach colours. I still think a pattern could work so something in sand and white, just look at the scale of the pattern though to see how it shows when stacked, if not plain. I'd pick up the blues in your art for some cushions and perhaps put the footstool in front of the sofa

Charlotte agradeció a minnie101
  • Charlotte
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

We've got a pole up that goes around the bay and the temporary curtains hang in the corners out of the way so we don't need tie backs :-) xx

• Charlotte
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you for the links - very helpful!

• Kel
    hace 7 años
    I love your white shelves. Were they bespoke or off the shelf (no pun intended)? I'm looking to do the same.
  • Charlotte
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

We made them - 2x2 and MDF!

• rosebud1969
    hace 7 años
    I would go for simple wooden blinds - similar to wood colour from your fireplace. Curtains are too fussy/ in the way.
  • PRO
    Hamilton interiors
    hace 7 años

I would recommend a plain silk , interlinked , deep double pleat- keep it simple and accentuate the ceiling height

• Bel McKenna
    hace 7 años
    What colour blue have you used ? I'm searching for that exact colour
  • Lorraine Wilson-Brown
    hace 7 años

Roman blinds look good in square bays. How about a stripe in a colour to blend in with your décor then it has a pattern but it's not too busy.

• Catherine Ellis
    hace 7 años
    We have a square bay, and I found that curtains fitted to bay poles made the room feel really dark. In the end I opted for Venetian 50mm blinds in cream. I would have had shutters, but couldn't afford them!

I agree, keep it simple to let the light in. Here are mine, please excuse the mess - I am mid emptying the loft!
  • PRO
    Renaissance Interiors, Hartley Wintney
    hace 7 años

I would suggest having functional roman blinds inside your square bay to keep the bulk out of the corners. When open, this optimises the natural light and keeps the view clear and open. When the blinds are down at night they are much more opulent and cosy than roller or wooden blinds.

To dress the window I would opt for dress curtains on the outside of the bay to dress and frame the window and really make it a feature. Whether you have them soft and drawn back in a tieback or in smart clean pleats would be a personal and practical choice.

• PRO
    Bloc Blinds
    hace 7 años

Hi Charlotte,

Have you thought about removing the curtains and poles and opting for blinds? This could provide a more sleek look and give you more space around the bay window to allow the natural light to stream in and also make room for additional furniture.

Have a look at our image below...

I've picked a few swatches that might suit your colour scheme too...Eastern Weave Pacific, Spring Twig Blue, Kintyre Murray Blue. Also check out our website Bloc Blinds for more patterned and plain, dim out and blackout fabrics.

Good Luck!

Sile

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.