Houzz Logo Print
nkrosie

Need help choosing window treatments

nk r
hace 11 años
Do you have any suggestions on what style window treatments would look best on a window set up like this?

Comentarios (19)

• rinked
    hace 11 años
    Something like you have now. Blinds; roller, venetian, top down bottom up.
  • nk r
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I wanted to dress it up a bit and add color.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 11 años
    I would stick with what you have. If you hung curtains they would draw more attention to your air conditioning unit(?) so make the feature the blinds. As there are three, it is a nice aesthetic to perhaps give them more of a pattern or design
    waban project · Más información

Eclectic Family Room · Más información
  • Ed
    hace 11 años
    Yes... many choices would look nice --
    Contemporary Roman Shades · Más información

Shade Systems by Fenstermann LLC · Más información

residence F · Más información
  • PRO
    Sarah Bernardy Design, LLC
    hace 11 años
    You can soften this window by adding a long continues rod that follows the bends of the walls connecting each window. (Custom) Extend 6"-8" on the outside windows if you have the room to allow for the panel stack. Add panels to frame both sides of each window, equalling four total. You will have to be mindful of mounting height because of the AC, but this will connect the windows and create a feature wall that expands the look of this space.
  • nk r
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you. I like these ideas. I just need to find need to find a pattern that works.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 11 años
    If you can post more pictures of your room, then we might be able to assist.
  • qam999
    hace 11 años
    Current window treatments look fine....what is the problem?
  • inabunker
    hace 11 años
    I definitely would not hang curtains. More often than not, they weigh down a room. If it's not a large room, that's what is going to happen. You always want to keep a room light. So, the current shades are nice. But if they don't work for you, then I would think about roman shades in a fabric of your choice.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 11 años
    Ina, I just have to disagree with your general statement that draperies weigh down a room. So often they are just what is needed to bring warmth and color to the space. That said, I do like the idea of fabric roman shades in a colorful fabric.
  • nk r
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    This room is an open concept eating area connected to my kitchen. Originally I thought the woven shades would be enough but now I feel like the room needs something more to dress it up. I did attach another photo to show part of the kitchen that it opens up to. Also the light fixture will be changing. Thanks again to everyone for your input.
  • Ed
    hace 11 años
    Sometimes "more" is more, and sometimes, "less" is more. I think for this space, less is more -- a simple and clean design on the window treatment would look nice. You can pick a nice, warm color! :)
  • feeny
    hace 11 años
    I like what you have now, as it shows off the lovely decorative trim on your windows. I would not add drapes, though if you want a different color of roman shades or other inset blinds that's fine. But I like tasteful simplicity of your current roman shades.
  • nk r
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you so much I appreciate all your help.
  • PRO
    The Faux Show, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Based on the photos you added, your background colors and finishes are neutral with good millwork detail. The AC unti is a sight but most rooms have a challenge or two. Pattern is needed!! Why not opt for a more textured blind/shade with a decorative band of color at the bottom. Then pick a simple pattern ( maybe all over design in two colors) for the two side drapes that will flank only the outside windows. I would not draw attention to the middle window in any way, shape form or fashion. Smith & Noble is a wonderful source for shades with good detail. Drapes should be lined and mounted under crown. They can be purchased on various sitesm Ballard Designs, West Elm, Shades of Light. Much success!!
  • PRO
    Cheery Curtains
    hace 11 años
    To add color, you may consider change the fabric of the Roman Shades
  • aloha42
    hace 11 años
    The ASVInteriors posted a picture above of two windows. Check out the picture on the left. If you add a piece of fabric about the length of the shades in that window. Use a fabric similar weight of the current shades. I think a stripe or a simple patter that picks up the color in the chairs would be nice. Adding color but not overpowering. I hope I explained this clearly. I don't want you to buy new shades, just add a valance to the top.
  • nk r
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I like the idea of adding texture and pattern. I agree the ac unit is a sight but there was no where else to put it. I was curious about how you said to add drapes to the outside windows only...how would I mount them? I also do like the blue and green color scheme above. I always tend to use red as my accent color. Thanks.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.