Houzz Logo Print
webuser_109658

Renovating your kitchen? How will you survive the process?

Have you decided how you will survive without a fully functioning kitchen whilst you are between kitchens? Do you intend to stay in the house living off microwave meals, takeaways and washing up in the bath? Or do you intend to go to the expense and hassle of moving temporarily to a rental property?

Did you know that you can now hire a high quality temporary kitchen that can be installed in virtually any room in your house. All we need is access to a cold water supply (inside or outside tap) and 13 amp plug sockets and you receive; hot and cold running water, Neff hob, oven, dishwasher, fridge with small freezer compartment.

Our service includes delivery, installation (circa 2 hours) and then removal at the end. Displayed below is our 3 Pod Kitchen ( we also have a more compact 2 Pod version which is without a dishwasher) Please visit www.kitchenpod.co.uk to find out more.

thanks Ed

Before

After we install

the temporary kitchen hire solution · Más información
Our 3 Pod Kitchen

Comentarios (9)

• PRO
    Kitchenpod - Temporary Kitchen Hire (Home use)
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Many thanks! I came up with the idea after living through a couple of house projects. I was surprised that there seemed to be no alternative to making do with a microwave and washing up in a bath and the expense and disruption of moving out!

• Daisy England
    hace 7 años
    If the kitchen fitter works things out right there should be no need to be without the basic appliances working. I'm in the process of having my kitchen done (busmans holiday as we do it professionally too) and I've always had all my appliances working. The only thing I didn't have were lights as the ceiling was replastered and the electrician preferred the ceiling emulsioned before the lights were fitted.
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Sure. A lot depends on what you are having done. If for example you are reconfiguring the room, moving services or installing underfloor heating then its not always convenient to still be trying to use this area for cooking.

• PRO
    Kitchenflair Preston
    hace 7 años

great idea for those having extensive works, enables simple and clean living for a time that can be a challenge!

Kitchenpod - Temporary Kitchen Hire (Home use) agradeció a Kitchenflair Preston
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

It is also worth noting that if you have a very extensive project of several months and you do decide you have to move out, a temporary kitchen could still potentially be worth thinking about. We were due to be out of our house for 10 months but due to unforeseen delays we had to pay a very significant amount for another 2 months for a family rental house. For the last month of this, it would have suited us to move back in and hire a temporary kitchen as the house was 90% done but as is usually the case the kitchen was the last job completed!

• User
    hace 7 años
    Great idea, but could work out expensive at prices your site - sadly our budget just won't stretch - we'll be living out of tins. Good luck to you though as fab idea.
    Kitchenpod - Temporary Kitchen Hire (Home use) agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks lynneannie.

Unfortunately there will always be additional expense whatever decision you take. We spent a good deal of time looking into peoples habits during renovation projects. As dundrum16 mentions above, the novelty of the adventure soon wears off and you find yourself ordering takeaways and eating out which for a family of 4 is more than a temporary kitchen and thats just for 1 meal a day.

Equally if you ask for your builder to rig something up they will invariably charge you and its unlikely to be as well equipped as ours.

Finally there is no doubt that hiring a temporary kitchen is a great saving for a family who decides they can now stay in their home rather than go to the disruption and expense of finding a short term rental.

• Stephen Edwards
    hace 7 años

An interesting concept and I suppose could also be of use to people trying to camp out upstairs in flood damaged homes. I've managed several times without a full kitchen during renovation projects, then again I'm quite lazy don't have a family and find that if you eat out somebody else does the washing up as well as the cooking. (Being brutally honest my kitchen doesn't get much use even when it is there)

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.