Houzz Logo Print
hannah_coleman9863387

Splash back?

hace 7 años
This is our new kitchen - does anyone have any thoughts on what to put on the wall between the cupboards?

A splash back? Tiles?

Our house is themed very grey at the moment!

Thanks!

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I would propose a splash back behind the gas hobs and leave the rest painted. This will continue the modern look allowing the kitchen still to be practical

• PRO
    hace 7 años
    Hello,

Gorgeous kitchen, can I ask who supplied it?

If you were my client I would suggest we look at a glass splash-back which will be fitting with your sleek and sophisticated scheme. Maybe a grey or white but it's hard to really see or get a feel for the design or kitchen without seeing it.

Also being all one its easier to clean that tiles with grouting of mosaic. Important in our busy lives.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Gina
  • hace 7 años
    You have very neutral colours there so I'd fit a Splashback with colour, definitely behind the hob as you need wall protection.

Two options, Splashback all round, or Splashback at rear of hob and then upstands.

Definitely, absolutely definitely NO tiles. Keep the cleanliness without having them. They're getting dated.
  • hace 7 años
    Thank you all for your thoughts! I like the idea of a white/grey splash back - any ideas where to resource?
  • PRO
    hace 7 años

Glass splashbacks would be perfect to finish your kitchen as they are hard wearing and easy to keep clean. We use Decoglaze here at Alno Bristol as they offer a wide choice of options from glossy or satin, plain or textured and any colour of your choice including matched to any paint colour or can be printed with any image or photo!

You could either go full height all around for maximum impact or have a feature piece behind the hob with small upstand elsewhere if you wanted to paint the rest of the walls.

Here are some examples Alno kitchens with glass splashbacks

• hace 7 años

There's lots of choice. Look online at Axiom and Bushboard for starters. They offer samples. They will tell you who they supply.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

Love the suggestion from Sabbini & Co. Tile and Stone Merchants didnt know you could even get something like this, would definitely offer something different to the usual tiles and allows you to add your own personal touch to it.

• PRO
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I'd recommend an acrylic splashback, it can give an injection of colour into any kitchen, is cheap, durable and really easy to clean. You'd need to have a glass panel a the hob as hot pans may melt the acrylic.

• hace 7 años
    The sockets are not screwed back enough so cannot leave the wall blank. I'll need another 5mm behind the sockets. Wanted Acrylic all the way around but there are way to many sockets for me to cut out and measure correctly. Any thoughts?
  • hace 7 años

Fitter should be able to template around the sockets.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.