Houzz Logo Print
bubkus

Please help me...renovating from hurricane sandy

bubkus
hace 11 años
última modificación:hace 11 años
I need to renovate 2 floors of my home that were destroyed by hurricane sandy and am stumped on what to do with my family room as my fireplace is not centered. We are adding a 70' TV (mapped with tape on the wall) above the fireplace. I don't know whether to center the tv over the fireplace or center to the room. I am removing all of the brick (including the hearth and the front step) to make it a flush wall and putting cultured stone on top of the new sheetrock. Not sure where to place the stone and what to do on the sides of it. Any advice welcome. Thank you!

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    It's fine for the TV not centered with the fireplace in your situation since it looks like the TV is relatively centered in the room.

Verde Antico Limestone Fireplace · Más información
  • bubkus
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you. Do you have any reccommendations on what I can put to the right of the fireplace to balnace it out?
  • PRO
    Lori-Girl Creations, Inc. Interior Designer
    hace 11 años
    I am nearby if youd like to call for an in person consult however I would put staggered shelving from top to bottom.
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 11 años
    Here is what I would do: option 1)center tv on wall. Make the new cultured stone which will surround your hearth, centered on the wall. So, the fireplace opening itself will then be left-flanked on the cultured stone area. See what I mean? To the right of the fireplace opening, you can inset bookshelves into the wall....or you can put your wood holder there. option 2) Center tv above fireplace opening and make cultured stone area centered around the fireplace opening also. So, all will be left-leaning on the wall.

Deciding on #1 or #2 depends on the rest of your room. Will it work for the room to have your furniture left-leaning or centered?
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 11 años
    Luxe Condominium · Más información

Living Room · Más información

Honore-Contemporary Family Room · Más información

Here's a few asymmentrical fireplace surrounds. The first one is lovely but the TV is way to high. I think putting TV above the fireplace is a conspiracy by chiropracters to drum up business.
  • bubkus
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you . Wagner homes, the room is 23 feet long and the sectional im buying is at the far end of the room. You know men and their tvs...thats the one thing my husband wants
  • bubkus
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Lori girl...stagerred shelving just to the right of the fireplace on the stone?
  • PRO
    G.L. Green & Associates, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    What a shame that he is so hung up on size!!! ;) Maybe after beefing up the fireplace to the ceiling and out with stone you can then do wood built ins to the left and then to the right to accommodate the tv (much lower). This helps to keep the fireplace the main focal point on the wall and not the black rectangle.
    Best regards, Barbara
  • PRO
    Lori-Girl Creations, Inc. Interior Designer
    hace 10 años
    Hi bubkus- I just wanted to follow up and see how you finished your project. I am sorry we never connected.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.