Houzz Logo Print
karolyn_davies

SW Kilim beige ceilings

Karolyn Davies
hace 7 años

I've been to sherwin Williams 5 times and have spent $50 in paint samples. I'm trying to find a master bedroom color that matches Kilim beige ceiling paint color. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've tried repose grey, Wordly grey, and tony taupe. All look terrible.

can someone recommend a paint color that will match kilim beige?

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    WALLAUER'S DESIGN CENTER
    hace 7 años

Hi Karolyn. There are tons of options are available for matching a beige color!

Are you interested in accented walls? Also, considering lighting at different times during the day.

• suzyq53
    hace 7 años

Well you could use a lighter or darker value of the Kilim.

• Jillian - Interior design student
    hace 7 años

Nomadic Desert perhaps, but it is fairly dark. Do you have moulding? Consider continuing the Kilim Beige onto the walls.

Nomadic Desert

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

The majority of my house is Kilim beige. I definitely don't want to extend that to my master bedroom walls. I would much prefer to find a grey to match. I really don't want all that beige in one room.

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Anyone have any thoughts about mindful grey?

• suzyq53
    hace 7 años

Grey grey won't work. Same with dove grey. Same with blue grey. Look for greige or muslin or light taupe that has a warmer undertone to work with the beige. Do you like tangerine?

• J J
    hace 7 años

sw loggia taupe?

• PRO
    Don Richards III for Middlebury Furniture
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Suzyq is on the right track. If you're looking for a gray, it must have a warm undertone. Have you looked at Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb Gray HC-173? It has a warm reddish undertone that would work next to a beige. Sherwin should be able to match any BM colors. Good luck!

• PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
    hace 7 años

There are some colors from the SW HGTV palette that could work - don't discount the cool beiges, as when they are next to your warm beige, can appear more grey without so much contrast.

Sherwin Williams palette

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the feedback. I don't want beige or taupe it's too overwhelming. Does anyone have any thoughts if the master bedroom and bath have a different ceiling color than the rest of the house? I feel like that's my only option is to change ceiling to white?

• suzyq53
    hace 7 años

Why don't you paint the whole room and the ceiling? It doesn't have to match anything. What color do you want?

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I had my master painted when we purchased our home and I was in a different state. I did not realize the ceilings were killim beige. When we arrived I hated the new color because it clashes with the ceilings. Here's what my room looks like, I'm just trying to get a beautiful room that doesn't clash.

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

This is how overwhelming a beige or taupe would be

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

If you want your ceilings to look higher, then the wall color needs to be darker.

Your last photo...ceiling looks like a collapsed tent.

Latte is a coordinate which SW recommends...but it is too man cave.

Darker walls meeting lighter ceiling.
    As is storm cloud...I like this for your bedroom...cozy and not totally gray.
    Add what SW calls origami white for bedding.

• PRO
    Mackey's MPI Inc.
    hace 7 años

This is a Martha Stewart light pearlized color walls that I ended up doing in my bedroom that seems like it would look good with your bedroom colors in your pictures above. It also is neutral enough that it would go with the rest of your house. But the ceiling would have to be white.

I know exactly what you mean about the Kilim beige...I had my house originally painted from a swatch from another state too!! How funny...

• PRO
    CK Hoffman Design
    hace 7 años

Kilm Beige is the number one selling paint for Sherwin Williams. It's basically builder beige and goes with everything. It's incredibly bland, but not offensive. For your bedroom do something special. Some great neutral grays are: Silver Pointe, Monorail Silver and Roycroft Mist Gray. Use an accent wall behind your bed to match your bedding. Here's the link to SW colors: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/ - Oh and I DON'T like colored ceilings. Alabaster White is my favorite ceiling color - soft, clean looking, goes with everything and you don't have to re-paint when you want to change the color of your walls. Hope this helps. Caryl H.

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

• Karolyn Davies
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Changed ceilings instead of trying to match a color I hated.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.