Houzz Logo Print
whaas_5a

Tile shape or pattern for 45 degree hallway!

whaas_5a
hace 7 años

I thought I was set on laying a 12x24 tile perpendicular to the hall walls to provide the illusion of widening but this 45 degree angle is throwing me off.

Should I stick with the direction I'm going or change the shape altogether and go with a square tile in a diamond pattern?

The tile terminates at the end of the hallway and flows into the laundry room.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Designs by Donna
    hace 7 años

I would stick with it. No matter what you do, with that angle of wall you will feel like you have a problem. The other areas will look fine.

whaas_5a agradeció a Designs by Donna
  • acm
    hace 7 años

diagonal tile is itself quite trendy. claim it! :)

Minikahda Vista Cape Cod · Más información

Lisel Lane · Más información

Hilltop Contemporary · Más información

whaas_5a agradeció a acm
  • whaas_5a
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hi Angel,
    So you're thinking stick with the current direction but calling out the fact we start the tile layout in the laundry room? Its likely too late to adjust any walls as it already framed but I'd be curious as to what you're thinking!

Hi Donna,

You're thinking perpendicular to the hall walls as well. I don't know if I'm imagining a problem or not but you're thinking it might be a problem no matter the shape and pattern. I'm trying to articulate the "problem" but can't seem to do so. How would you explain it?

Hi Acm,

So you're thinking the diagonal is used on purpose from a design perspective so why not embrace it?

• Angel 18432
    hace 7 años

There is no problem with what you are doing. It will turn out fine.

I have a similar floor in my bathroom and it looks fine.

• Barbara Almandarz
    hace 7 años

What you are doing looks fine. Have you considered a herringbone pattern so you have lines that follow 2 different directions?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.