Houzz Logo Print
cfweber

Window treatment for modern kitchen/dining combo?

cfweber
hace 7 años

Hello! We have an open, modern kitchen/dining room combo. There is a very large window (about 10' wide) at one end of the dining table. I feel like the window looks unfinished, mostly because the style of the more traditional windows on the sides. I priced out a simple cornice and it was ridiculously expensive. I dislike curtains (also they don't really go with the style of the room. Also, there is no need for privacy or for shade - no direct sunlight. One final consideration - see second photo - busy tile wall, don't want anything too patterned.

Thoughts? Right now I have panels from Ikea (Kvartal) and am debating hanging them. They'd mostly cover the side windows. Thanks in advance for your advice!!!!

Comentarios (11)

• Elle
    hace 7 años

I would suggest a simple, short, flat-panel valance that is hung close to the ceiling in a fabric that has a simple pattern that includes the wall, trim, and tile color.

cfweber agradeció a Elle
  • PRO
    JH Conklin & Co
    hace 7 años

I'd leave the windows over the counter as they are. For the large window, consider inside mount Roman shades on the two smaller windows. Soften the 'bare' look. A flat or front fold style in a medium fabric. A linen/flax/stria with a hint of the olive wall would be cool. Or a delicate vine pattern to counter the rectangles.

Quickly, like this:

cfweber agradeció a JH Conklin & Co
  • Steph
    hace 7 años

Roman or woven shades maybe be the way to go for the dinning area, and a sheer shade in kitchen if you want one. One question, is that wall paper on your kitchen wall? Love the design.

cfweber agradeció a Steph
  • cfweber
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Steph, It is not wallpaper, it's glass tile. Island Stone "palms" in "lagoon" color. And thanks!

• jck910
    hace 7 años

I would leave the windows without treatments but why didn't you change that DR window to match the kitchen ones?

• cfweber
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Jck910 replacing that window just wasn't in the renovation plan:budget - thought we could (and we can, I guess) live with it as is.
  • felizlady
    hace 7 años
    A matchstick Roman or roller shade to cover the side windows in the dining area would let light through but minimize the paned windows. For the kitchen, matchstick again....one long roller shade or even two. They should be available in a number of naturals and colors. They are simple, blend with modern style, and are easy to use.
  • cfweber
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    By the way, not planning any window treatment at all in the kitchen...
  • Horizons
    hace 7 años
    Can you remove the muntins from the side windows? Sometimes they are removable grilles.
  • grapefruit1_ar
    hace 7 años

The dining room window is beautiful. I would use a wide rod and add white sheers that are kept off to each side.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.