Houzz Logo Print
fldhkybnva

What to do with second floor bathroom window over tub?

fldhkybnva
hace 7 años

I will soon have a second floor master bathroom with a window over the tub. The window faces the front of the house and overlooks the roof over the garage/driveway so limited neighbor-viewing (other than across the street though not sure anyone could see anything that far). There's currently a stained glass window there which is being replaced because of condensation between the panes. I prefer to not have another stained glass window installed so was going to go with plain glass but had some reservations with potential concerns of people looking in even if not a convenient angle. Any ideas for what else to do with the window? I thought of etched or frosted glass but perhaps a window treatment of some sort would work well there.

Comentarios (14)

• User
    hace 7 años

I love my sheer, patterned pinch pleated curtains over my frosted glass bathroom window. They are pretty in every light and all year.

• sandradclark
    hace 7 años

Double pane window with an up/down pleated shade. Have it in the down position (bottom 1/2 of window).

• cineus
    hace 7 años
    I have same tub set up. I have blinds and window treatment.
    I opted for clear glass and blinds. I wanted to see outside and have the light.
  • PRO
    JH Conklin & Co
    hace 7 años

The window set-back looks deep enough for a Roman shade. With the right fabric and lining you can get daytime illumination and nighttime privacy. And some ambiance.

Along these lines:

• fldhkybnva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I like the shade and curtain ideas. I'm with you wanted to go with clear glass for the light it lets in especially as it's a north facing window. The bathroom is going to be a light shade of gray (SW Argos) so seems there would be lots of options for an up down blind or curtains as are there now
  • PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    hace 7 años

Battery power d window shade. Works like a charm.

• jbtanyderi
    hace 7 años
    Use louvred shutters - easy to clean, and light-adjustable. They also eliminate the need for introducing a new colour/pattern: let the towels do that job.
  • ajrmcr
    hace 7 años

We have plantation shutters. I keep the top opened at an angle and the bottom completely closed. I have a similar set up and I didn't want to climb around my tub to adjust on a daily basis. I also like the battery powered idea above.

• fldhkybnva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I think I'm going to go with shutters. I imagine white would be best to match the window frame vs stained to match the tub trim?
  • Carol Singletary
    hace 7 años

Shutters block LOTS of light. I love the look, but if you want light, be careful.

• Lisa G
    hace 7 años

Are you not wanting something permanent like obscure glass (frosted type)? We have a similar window above our tub in our master bath in the house we're building and have the typical bumpy frosted type obscure glass on the whole window and it still allows light in but there's no need for extra privacy which would block the light.

• fldhkybnva
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I was hoping to have something that wasn't permanent though not sure I'd ever just be gazing out of that window. Frosted glass was my original idea.

I do fear the shutters might block out a lot of light but figured they can always be opened and I could get wider louvers.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

If you are getting a new window check out the ones that turn opague when you turn on the lights .

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.