Houzz Logo Print
wendy1der

Paint kitchen

wendy1der
hace 7 años
I have recently bought my bungalow and would like to paint the kitchen with chalk paint.has anyone done this before. I want to keep it in a style suitable to the house.

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 7 años
    I've not done one in chalk paint as all that waxing puts me off - mines painted in eggshell finish - and it's very maintenance friendly ! Easy to wipe clean etc !
  • PRO
    Casa Colori
    hace 7 años

I agree with OnePlan

• wendy1der
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Oneplan can you tell me what make of paint you use.
  • minnie101
    hace 7 años

Little Greene intelligent eggshell is a fantastic paint for kitchen units with some beautiful colours. I've seen some pros use chalk paint on cabinets but I personally would avoid. The waxing is hard work and you need experience to apply it properly or it can look awful. It also dissolves with alcohol (learned by experience) and the light colours often need a few coats. It can also sometimes have a reaction with certain finishes. It can be fantastic on furniture etc but I would practice with other things before touching kitchen cabinets (personally!)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 7 años
    Hi Wendy currently they are painted in F&B moles breath eggshell on base cabinetry and Valspar trade white eggshell on the upper cabinets.
  • wendy1der
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hi everyone. I painted my kitchen in farrow and ball floor paint. It looks amazing. New worktops, sink, taps, and tiles. I chose door paint as it had to be hard wearing....
  • wendy1der
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I meant floor paint not door paint. Tell me what you think.
  • Carolina
    hace 7 años
    Looks fantastic!
  • joeybumdy
    hace 7 años

How much did you prep your doors? I would like to achieve a similar look - yours looks great.

• wendy1der
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you. I took all the doors off, and handles. Laid them out on two by four wood. Painted one side at a time. Making sure it was completely dry. Before the next coat. I did farrow and ball white undercoat twice, allowing each coat to dry well. And two coats of floor paint on top. It took 2 weeks.
  • PRO
    Oak Tree Cabinet Makers
    hace 7 años

Would certainly go for an eggshell finish.

• PRO
    Oak Tree Cabinet Makers
    hace 7 años

F & B is a nice paint, but try the Leyland range, can mix all F&B colours and less expensive, for me, I find it a better paint.

• wendy1der
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Very nice. As it was my first time of up-cycling a kitchen(which I have always wanted to do). I am impressed with the results. Thank you for your view in paint. I will try it if I do it again in the future.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.