sarahmccann72

Colour scheme

sarahmccann72
hace 8 años

Hi I would like to change the wallpaper in my kitchen but I'm not really sure whether to go for a white brick effect or grey and ochre, also should I paper the wall in my sunroom, I like the idea of a grey rug up where the sofa is and I would like to keep the walls white...any help would be appreciated, it's just trying to pull the 2 rooms together I've added some pictures of my kitchen sunroom and then the pictures of the wallpaper I was thinking about thanks

Comentarios (14)

• bellalodge13
    hace 8 años
    Olives, pale or sage greens(greyish green) very good coordinate the kitchen and extension (with garden view). It is softening white kitchen units and connect free standing wood furniture pieces together (+flooring)
    Do not use brick pattern wallpaper in the work/utility zones! Only real brick wall works right hire.

Add round jute rug as well. It is very practical and makes the rectangular space more cozy and sociable.
  • bellalodge13
    hace 8 años
    Pale or sage greens/blues very good in coordinating kitchen with sunroom (garden view, Sky). Do not add wallpaper with brick pattern on the kitchen/utility/sunroom walls : it looks cheep. Only real bricks works right hire.

And just add natural and practical ROUND jute rugs to round up angles. It makes space cozy.
  • sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks I do have a green on my wall at the minute, do u not recommend the other wallpaper then, kind if agree with u on the brick wallpaper and I never thought of a round rug as I thought the rectangular one sat better against my corner sofa??

• sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Also should I paper the wall in my sunroom also?
  • sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    And what about cushions etc?
  • User
    hace 8 años
    I love the grey and ochre wallpaper!
  • minnie101
    hace 8 años

I do like the geo wallpaper although I must admit I really like the existing. You don't need to carry the paper through to the sun room, it looks as if paint works better on that wall. You could just pick up a couple of the wallpaper colours and add a couple of different geo cushions.

• bellalodge13
    hace 8 años
    Don't worry about round shape. It works very well, because your sofa has a nice curvy corners, lamp shade has a cylinder shape, table legs as well! Don't forget it should be a huge/big natural rug, it will make a great vision impact

I let myself to give you some concerns about geometric patterns in your case (I really like it, but): you have already a big area with geometric lines - streamlined and slick kitchen units. This room is lack of some harmonising/playfull visual elements/lines/motives or colour boost
  • bellalodge13
    hace 8 años
    And some playful ideas, may be unusual for you...
    This wallpaper(feature wall only) coordinates with black sofa and add some depth to bulging wall. And will be as a talking point among your friends
    Put some forest theme modern prints
  • sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks everyone for your help, I was thinking a grey rug, but do you think natural would look better, I thought grey because of the grey in the paper??
  • sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I love the red wallpaper
  • sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I bought the big colourful rug in my sunroom to try and inject colour but I just hate it
  • User
    hace 8 años
    I think a grey rug would look lovely as its a contrast to the floor :)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.