Houzz Logo Print
meagandenn

At the end of build and I need help!

meagandenn
hace 7 años

Im in the end of our house build and I have been doing all of the designing. Im starting to go crazy trying to do every room in the house and was hoping someone would have some insight or advice for me. Will oil rubbed bronze fixtures go with black hardware on my white doors (I have already purchase pendent lights for kitchen in ORB) or should I change the hardware to oil rubbed bronze too? Also, should my fans match the door hardware or my pendent lights? My wood floors are a grayish with browns and blacks and my cabinets are a dark chocolate. Sorry if this is confusing.... since Im so confused as well lol.

Thank you in advance!

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Peters Cabinetry
    hace 7 años

I would change the door hardware to ORB. ORB and white are real nice together. I think the fans could go either way. Just my opinion. :)

• User
    hace 7 años

First take a deep breath. The ORB will go with the black if that's what you prefer ,but if you want to change it and have the time you can. You don't have to have every metal surface match it's not a magazine set. I would match the fans and the lights . It just makes more sense and they're usually easier to find that way. Remember in the end it will all be beautiful. It will also all be done then you can kick you feet up and relax. Don't make yourself crazy.

• PRO
    Rebecca Quandt Interiors
    hace 7 años
    I think you could absolutely get away with black door hardware and oil rubbed bronze lighting. Depending on where the fan is in relation to the other lighting, I think it could go either way. If it's really close, match the pendants. If the fan is far enough away, I think black would also be fine.

Lastly, any home construction project is a headache and sometimes it's worth hiring a designer for a couple consultations to help you with the finishing touches and details. You can drive yourself crazy with all of the nuances and even find yourself second guessing your choices after you've made the decisions.

As a virtual designer, I have come onto many projects during the final stages to help homeowners tie everything together. In my experience, consulting a professional eye to help guide you through the design details ends up being well worth the nominal added expense. You deserve to be confident and in love with your home - especially after you have invested so much money and energy in the process! I'd be happy to work with you for a reasonable rate, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you are interested in streamlining the process!
  • Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    hace 7 años

Make sure your lighting and fans work together. The door handles in black will be fine. Relax. You are doing very well.

• meagandenn
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you all for your input. Definitely looking forward to sitting in my porch drinking a glass of wine admiring the view when this is all done

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.