Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_26922201

Master bedroom renovation

User
hace 8 años
We totally renovated our master bedroom. the before pics were taken before I purchased the house. I did the majority of the work myself.

Comentarios (56)

• Kari P
    hace 7 años

Awesome. The original design was kinda cool (in a funky way) but the new look is fabulous! I love the neutral colors with a pop of purple and fun mix of textures. Great work!

• PRO
    Carmel Decor
    hace 7 años

Great job! Enjoy your new room.

CarmelDecor

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Congrats! What a great transformation!

• Irene Morresey
    hace 7 años
    Just lovely, what an improvement
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    hace 7 años

Looks great!

• PRO
    Billiard Factory
    hace 7 años

Beautiful job!

• Chrissie Wells
    hace 7 años

What happened to the dreadful cupboard doors? (How can people do that and like it?!)

User agradeció a Chrissie Wells
  • PRO
    Razzetti Italy
    hace 7 años

Beautiful result with the nature inside? What about the lighting? to keep the style of nature I would like to suggest you couple pieces, with the same leaf of your.

The finishing of metal can be in Mecato, like the last photos, is green and silver. Like the colour of porcelain roses, flowers, or butterflies as you prefer can be customize..

Best Regards and Congratulation for your good job!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    hace 7 años

Nicely done!

User agradeció a M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • designpolice
    hace 7 años
    Really elegant job except for the open shelves for shoes. Seems out of character with the sleek style.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@designpolice while I appreciate the comment, My wife wanted a spot to display some of her shoes and she is in love with that shelf. At the end of the day isn't that what's important?

• designpolice
    hace 7 años
    Yes it is, and her shoes are pretty fabulous!
  • beachbaybe
    hace 7 años

Can't believe someone could actually sleep in the before pics. I can just hear "Me Tarzan - you Jane"! You did a FAB!!! reno.

• skyarts
    hace 7 años

The mill work in the ceiling is really lovely.

• bettyandjudy
    hace 7 años

Yes the room is 100x better, but sorry, the shoes and the shelf area do not work. I would leave some of the delightful footwear in the wonderful new closet or yes!, under the bed, change the angles of the shoes to present the neat heals, color or funky profiles, leave some space between, no more than 3 pairs per shelf. Display those shoes like you were in a real shoe store. Maybe keep the top shelf clean and just put an original piece of art approx. 30"x 18" in the nook, maybe a couple small pieces of pottery/glass on the shelf. Please hang some other original art work in the room and you will be done.

High heeled lady is luck to have man who trys to make her happy.

Man is lucky to have woman who wears high heels!

• rainigirl
    hace 7 años

Wow! the original is a nightmare:( You really did a nice job. I wouldn't use any of the light fixtures previously shown...just my opinion. Enjoy your beautiful room.

User agradeció a rainigirl
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    hace 7 años

Looks wonderful!

User agradeció a Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • Kathy Manderville
    hace 7 años

Just a wonderful job. Love it!!

User agradeció a Kathy Manderville
  • katscorvette
    hace 7 años

I like the dark color on the one side. I would have brought it through the room elsewhere. To me the rest looks a little bland. Much better than before though, those close doors....shudder!

User agradeció a katscorvette
  • Gloria Hanni Wadzinski
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Love, love the ceiling treatment. Great job. Don't worry about the shoe comments. It shows your personality and makes it clear that someone really does live there. I think people are just thrown off because the "lived in" area is tucked into a corner and nowhere else in the room. If there were family photos, a dog bed, a hook with a robe, books on the table, etc. in other areas in the room, it would be more cohesive and cozy.

• Jane Atlee
    hace 7 años

Green is such a nice color, I love the first bedroom, except the vines and the leaves, that was unneccessary. I just think it makes the space lok childish and cluttered, you wouldn't want to hit/bump into them.

• PRO
    Alorya Art and Decoration
    hace 7 años
    just add a mid size poster/ framed picture on your wall. The pictute should contain mainly bordeaux color. The frame should be white or very very light grey. I have added 2 suggestion of pictures. Also I added one picture which has bordeaux on the background and green on the front. This is because I wanted to see you the combination of these two colors. In medieval times, this combination was called colors of the kings.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Wow thanks for all the comments! I'm a little suprised that so many feel strongly about the shoes and even more suprised that anyone likes the before. If you like the bedroom..... Search for the before and after of my kitchen

• User
    hace 7 años

Wow! What a change! The room seems twicw the size! I love the purple and grey combination

User agradeció a User
  • ifysam
    hace 7 años

Wow! It's a transformation that is worthwhile!!!!

User agradeció a ifysam
  • PRO
    Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
    hace 7 años

Great choice of color! It goes so well with the ceiling design you chose! ACM you had me cracking up!!

User agradeció a Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
  • PRO
    Divine Makeover
    hace 7 años

Great colors combination , and good choice to relocate the bed. That is a real master suite.

User agradeció a Divine Makeover
  • anan2012
    hace 7 años

The before had a lot of character. To each their own!

User agradeció a anan2012
  • PRO
    Memar Architects Inc.
    hace 7 años
    Wow good job
    Less is more
    User agradeció a Memar Architects Inc.
  • Katie
    hace 7 años
    Wow! Your ceiling is amazing!
    User agradeció a Katie
  • PRO
    Fratantoni Interior Designers
    hace 7 años

Great job!!

User agradeció a Fratantoni Interior Designers
  • PRO
    Y9 Construction
    hace 7 años
    Well done! We want to hire you... Come work for us lol!!!
    User agradeció a Y9 Construction
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    hace 7 años

Looks great!

User agradeció a Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    hace 7 años

What an awesome upgrade!

User agradeció a ERT Architects, Inc
  • Belinda Foreman
    hace 7 años
    love the ceiling!! great detail!
    User agradeció a Belinda Foreman
  • Saira Malik
    hace 7 años
    grey purple combo looks great..LOVE the accent chairs and big windows!
    User agradeció a Saira Malik
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    hace 7 años

Very nicely done!

User agradeció a Mega Builders
  • PRO
    Y9 Construction
    hace 7 años

looks good!

User agradeció a Y9 Construction
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    hace 7 años

What an interesting space you had to deal with! It came out beautifully, congratulations on doing the work yourself!

User agradeció a ERT Architects, Inc
  • NATASHA
    hace 7 años
    actually i love the before n after
    User agradeció a NATASHA
  • djellenburg
    hace 7 años
    Very pretty! I love the purple walls and duvet. I recently purchased the same color bedspread for my bedroom. I haven't repainted my walls gray yet but I'm waiting to completely gut my master bath first. I took my color scheme from my mother's Gone With the Wind parlor lamp that I'm using in my bedroom. It is dk green and gray background with a large purple flower and other beautifully colored small flowers around it. My grandmother bought it for her along with a three tiered table to put in front of the picture window in our new house my dad had built. I have gray floor length drapes for my three Windows and the dk purple spread. I may wallpaper the wall behind my bed. Haven't decided yet. My room is very large too as is yours. I love your ceiling! You did a great job on your redo. Much brighter and zen!
    User agradeció a djellenburg
  • Ana Frieri
    hace 7 años
    Elegant and modern. I would have made that entire niche beside de bed a CLOSED shoe closet. I guess your clients are not the gray or ivory type huh?
    User agradeció a Ana Frieri
  • PRO
    GOODFELLAS CONSTRUCTION
    hace 7 años

wow looks much better

User agradeció a GOODFELLAS CONSTRUCTION
  • PRO
    Jason Beasley Builders Inc.
    hace 7 años

look so much better! great transformation!

User agradeció a Jason Beasley Builders Inc.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 7 años

Amazing job on this master bedroom renovation. It looks modern and elegant. I also love the outdoor view of your new windows. Your new master bedroom looks simply amazing!

User agradeció a 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Charco DESIGN & BUILD Inc.
    hace 7 años

Great ceiling!

User agradeció a Charco DESIGN & BUILD Inc.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the great feedback. check out my other entries in before and after.

• PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Extremely impressive

• PRO
    Bailey Bishop Design
    hace 7 años

Nice!

• PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    hace 7 años

Great job! I wasn't feeling the green room as much as the new updates.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.