Houzz Logo Print
echoparkhome

The Front of This House is Hideous. Help!

echoparkhome
hace 8 años

We are about to put an offer on this house, but I am really caught up on the way the front looks. The windows are weird, the color is bad, and I can't even look at the cheesy brick posts.

I'm coming up short on ways to fix this house that doesn't offer much inspiration. Any ideas? Or references?

Thank you!

Comentarios (541)

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Oh tree house hotels!!

http://dujour.com/gallery/tree-house-hotels-jungle-resorts/#slide-1

and this fairy tale tree house...

wow!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    hace 7 años

C'mon guys, we're approaching 500 posts. Don't stop now. Oh, did anyone find out whether the bought this house or not? LOL

• User
    hace 7 años

Zombie thread lives again! Kevin, can you ring the RE see if it sold? I know the OP def isn't buying it.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

Maybe we should all pool our money and buy it to use as the Houzz Party House when we're in the area. I'm in for $20.

• User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Me too. I'm convinced there's a secret room above the garage, where the window was boarded up.

• User
    hace 7 años

I just started an online service. Send all monies to my account for future Houzz parties. Check it out Margotakesmoney.lol

• PRO
    hace 7 años

I'm posting this just so I can be the 499th post in this thread.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

I'm posting again so I can be the 500th post in this thread. Five-hundred posts about a house they didn't buy.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años

actually i suspect only about 200 posts were about the house. the rest, well.

• cowgirldiva
    hace 7 años

DING...DING...DING....!! Congrats to our resident poet KEVIN...!!! ;D

A round of DRINKS on the HOUZZ....!! ;D

• User
    hace 7 años

Give him a Kevin award!

• User
    hace 7 años

Margo, I told you to learn to photoshop!! See I'm always right!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Hey, if there's a secret room above the garage, then I bet it has a wardrobe in it. If you walk through it you will end up in Houzzarnia, he, he.

Yeah, Kevin!! Here ya go...

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

And for Tribble...

Tribble's got lots of company!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Hey, if anyone sees Margo hanging around with these 2 on here, watch out! We all knew she had to be hiding that bank account somewhere...

Lol.

Bernie Madoff--ironic name, btw, lol.

and the star of the real-life "Catch Me if You Can," Frank Abagnale.

• cowgirldiva
    hace 7 años

@luvourhome: "If LOVIN' this BLOG is WRONG, I DON'T wanna be RIGHT"...! ;D

@Kevin Strader, @margocorp: Oh, and I'm in for $50 and some "BUBBLY" for the Houzz Party Houzz....!! Cheers...!! ;D

• cowgirldiva
    hace 7 años

If we EACH gave $1,000.00 (USD), we could own this hideous house....Think about it....!! PARTYTIME...!!!! I'M IN....!!! Could be a wonderful investment...!!

• User
    hace 7 años

Well there are 35 million Houzzers.

• minjeeah
    hace 7 años
    Well maybe you could paint it?
  • minjeeah
    hace 7 años
    Maybe paint it?
  • cowgirldiva
    hace 7 años

Good bye sweet little house....you have brought us much JOY...!!! Hope your new family loves you as much as we do..!!!!! ;D

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    hace 7 años

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Awwww, bye house! Thanks for the laughs and good times. Sniff.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años

gee i hope the new owners come in and want some tips to up the curb appeal....

• Sue
    hace 7 años
    To me the issue is that the dark color on the first floor visually appears unable to hold up the top floor. Further the square footage of the upper level is out of scale with the rest of the house. Basically top heavy
  • User
    hace 7 años

Wow to the price (although, it is CA) and wow to the interior. Back yard elevations, topography, awesome tree .... whooda thunk it

• User
    hace 7 años

I don't believe the thread will stop. Evidence above.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años

we have to carry on til the new owner arrives.

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Busting my gut laughing...holy cow. Lol.

@suec--Welcome to Houzz! You must be new here? Feel free to read this entire thread at your leisure. It's enlightening.

Enjoy your time at Houzz.

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

@nn--hand them the keys, pass the torch, set-up their house-warming...

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

Who knew the inside was so pretty? Not a fan of the backsplash....shoulda been......white subway tile!!!!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Drink!

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

Lemon drops!!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

http://www.food.com/recipe/melt-in-your-mouth-lemon-drop-cookies-329954

I think I'm going to try this recipe. They sound good. :-)

• User
    hace 7 años

2.30 mins

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

If I could bake, I would try them. Unfortunately, you have to precisely measure instead of throwing stuff together. I can't bake!!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

Lol at the babies...too cute.

@Kathi--if you can drive, you can bake. :-) If you can drive a manual/standard transmission? You can certainly bake.

If you can text, you can bake. Lol. Or just buy a cake mix and add an egg, lol.

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

I have a 6 speed now, little convertible I got myself when I turned 50.

Back in the day, I had 3 on the tree......'61 Ford Falcon.

I can make a mix, I just hate the drudgery of the precise measuring baking requires. I fix brownies and cakes, cookies at Christmas, but not fancy stuff. And I cannot make a pie crust to save my soul. Hand is way too heavy!!

More of a throw all that stuff in and lets see what happens kind of cook!

• luvourhome
    hace 7 años

I hear ya. I don't mind baking, but it takes much more time and equipment than cooking.

I hardly ever follow recipes for cooking. Everything I seem to want to try has some obscure spice that requires a trip to the Asian market or the back-woods mushroom hut for some weird oil.

And if I ever bring home kale or chick-peas again, I think my husband will ban me from the kitchen! (He doesn't like either. I made the mistake of wanting to make hummus and kale chips, lol).

I had to hide the last can of chick-peas in soup, lol. He's onto my "throw it together" tricks, he, he.

• User
    hace 7 años

Since we are so private here ;) I will reveal my secret thickening ingredient for savoury dishes, it is a handful of rolled oats. Nutritious too.

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

I add chopped up bags of broccoli slaw to most of my ground beef dishes to add vitamins and vegetables!!!

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

And my husband loves chick peas.....yuck!!

• User
    hace 7 años

Kathy, that's a good idea with the broccoli slaw.

• Marilou M
    hace 5 años

You have a very beautiful home! Adding a different color would bring it more to life. A deck on the second floor would also add more outdoor living space and make the house appear bigger from the outside. Good luck!

• PRO
    ILLUMINATIONS LIGHTING
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

So back about 2 & 1/2 years ago they bought another house :) Sorry, I had to :D

• PRO
    hace 5 años

I sit here sobbing uncontrollably knowing that a thread that has been dead for 2 years, 4 months and 2 days, (which equals 828 days, or 19,872 hours, or 1,192,320 minutes, or 71,539,200 seconds) has suddenly risen from the dead. NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH!

THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID NOT BUY THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.