mrsmastert

Need help with kitchen backsplash, counters and floors not matching.

hace 8 años
These are my other photos, I hope this works.
Thank you so much.

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Why would you think they would match or are you trying to get an answer to what you can do about it>Even the cupboards look off

• hace 8 años

Yes we would like to know, where to start and what can we save or should we start all over? Thank you

• hace 8 años

Why do you think the cabinets are off? They are hickory honey color. What would you suggest, we do?

Thank you

• PRO
    hace 8 años
    1. I would replace the floor tiles to a more uniform color that picks up a lighter or darker (your preference) color in the countertop.

2. I would replace the backsplash tile shape & size to a smaller size with earth tone color(s) lighter than your cabinets with NO orange coloring in it.

Good Luck!

mrsmastert agradeció a Mighty Mike's Home Makeovers
  • hace 8 años
    I think your granite is beautiful, but yes, I do also think you have to much going on, a light travertine 18x18 would look nice, in a light color and a natural material back splash, I did this one and love it, my granite is very busy, but doesn't take away from the beauty of all other materials, it will lighten your kitchen up. I hope this helped
    mrsmastert agradeció a Heidi Dunbar
  • hace 8 años
    I also really like your cabinets! But the busy floor, backsplash and counter are the problem. You need to change 2 of them. Either plain counters and backsplash, or plain floors and backsplash. Each item is lovely on its own. It's just the combo of all 3 that doesn't work. I'm not sure which would be the least expensive to change...floor or counters. But whichever is the cheapest, I'd change that one and keep the other. A solid Quartz or soapstone counter would be great with your floors. A solid colour floor would be great with your counters. Then a subway tile or neutral mosaic backsplash.
    mrsmastert agradeció a lisa0527
  • hace 8 años
    I would change the floor. it's beautiful, but I like the counter and back splash more.
  • hace 8 años

there are four competing movements here. I love granite!!! It would be my inspiration point. Maybe change floor to light travertine as suggested, lacquer paint cabinets creamy white and use smoky gray glass tile in small pattern for back splash is what pops in my head first. I also think gel stain dark walnut on cabinets and a medium travertine would work with solid glass tile in a beige tone. The granite is exquisite and I would let other movements tone down in subtle contrasts to it.

mrsmastert agradeció a ggluv
  • hace 8 años
    I like the very dark tile with no variation in it; the charcoal one. That would look very nice. A backsplash of stainless subway would be my pic.
    mrsmastert agradeció a lynartist
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    I love the cabs & that granite is spectacular...but the backsplash & floor are not complimenting them. I would do hardwood floors & a more subdued backsplash. Maybe vintage copper tile??? You may need someone with hands of a surgeon to get the backsplash off without destroying the granite, but it would be worth it. And get under cabinet lighting if you don't already.
    mrsmastert agradeció a OasisDesign&Remodeling
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    Or you could do a brick veneer as a backsplash. Then paint the wall grey, like SW PORPOISE or BM WOOL PEACOAT to help to settle it all in.
    mrsmastert agradeció a OasisDesign&Remodeling
  • hace 8 años
    lisa0527 has it down! And as others have said, too much going on with the granite, backsplash and floor. Cabinets are fine. So pick the one thing you like the most and change the other two. Do you love the granite? Then keep it and change the floor and backsplash to something VERY simple. Do you love the floor? If so, dump the granite but you could probably keep the backsplash if you change the counters to something simple. Doesn't matter what I, or we like. It's what YOU like, you live there, we don't! Good luck.
    mrsmastert agradeció a km kane
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Every single tone of floor and cabinetry is in the granite, and there's a decent change in scale between the two surfaces. Do the simplest, least expensive adjustment: calm the splash with a simple solid and minimal/toned in/matching to splash grout. The splash will give your eye a resting spot above the granite, just as the lower cabinets allow a visual rest between floor and counter top. Don't make a simple thing.....hard, or expensive or unnecessarily disruptive. One fix at a time is usually a GOOD fix..

mrsmastert agradeció a JAN MOYER
  • hace 8 años

First, change the floor, and by change I mean pull the under-counter appliances and have the tile completely removed. Bring home lots of tile samples and lay a cabinet door on the granite. Pick a solid color tile that will look good with dark grout. After replacing the floor you may still need to change out the backsplash.

mrsmastert agradeció a chiflipper
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    How about the rest of your floors? I hope they are wood,if so just continue with it. Backsplash can be same granite. Cabinets are fine.
    mrsmastert agradeció a K & P living
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.