Houzz Logo Print
matsmom

Are these ugly? Need recliner suggestions

Sharon Bobrove
hace 8 años

In a small sunny nook that's open to our kitchen and dining room we have a TV above a fireplace, that's hard (on our necks and my back) to watch unless we're leaning way back, and I think recliners would be easier on us. These purple recliners (from a family member) are available if we pay shipping - about $700 for both. I'm about to reno my kitchen including floors in the nook, and have no idea yet what the kitchen reno will look like. It will affect the entire first floor as all the rooms are open to each other. The idea is to go quite neutral so the focus will be on pottery, art, and some plants. Our home is small, 2 story, built in 1920, with stained glass windows, moldings, hardwood floors. Also the recliners need to be light enough for me to slide on the floor (with some felt attached) so I have room to do my yoga. I like the look of Belgian farmhouse.

I'm not sure I can live with these purple recliners. Although I don't mind purple I'm not used to seeing it every day, and I'm afraid it will throw off the neutral plan I have. Maybe I need more guidance on how to work with purple. They don't look so bad in the white setting below, but my floors in the nook and kitchen will be tiled... not sure what yet, but they are adjacent to medium brown hardwood floors in the DR/LR.. I really need suggestions for lighter recliners than the heavy boxy traditional ones. I can't afford the gorgeous leather and wood Eames recliner and footstool, or the Stressless brand, so am looking for suggestions that are less expensive but that will look good. I need to let the shipping company know in the next few days as the condo has been sold. Any help would be much appreciated. We live in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Comentarios (15)

• tooky58
    hace 8 años

I like purple and I like recliners but I wouldn't pay $700 for those. You'd be better off going to Lazy Boy (yes, I said it) where you can try out the chairs and pick the fabric you want. Honestly, I wouldn't pay anything for those chairs.

• PRO
    Stardust + Gravity
    hace 8 años
    Yes. Sorry but those are not good.
  • Lori East
    hace 8 años
    Pass.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 8 años

No.

• hatetoshop
    hace 8 años

Don't go there -- save your money for the chairs that suit your style and needs.

• wnec1
    hace 8 años
    I agree, wait and get good chairs. It will cost you less in the long run and feel better.
  • nagoose
    hace 8 años
    Definitely do not ship those purple recliners. From what you are saying I don't think you will be happy with them. You sound like you are trying to accommodate them, but you will end up wanting something more suited to your taste and style.
  • nagoose
    hace 8 años
    Here's a picture of the poang.
  • Architectural Notice
    hace 8 años

I agree with the other comments: pass on the purple recliners.

As a rule of thumb, since furniture is a big investment, don't buy something unless you really love it since you'll be living with it for years.

• how2girl
    hace 8 años
    I think you answered your own question when you said "I'm not sure I can live with these purple recliners".
  • User
    hace 8 años

Too many $ in shipping for someone else's taste.

• shirlpp
    hace 8 años

Next......Now, can you move your TV to another location to help with the neck issues. Is there a wall, where you can mount it? Can you put it on a console next to the fireplace?

• PRO
    John Stapleton
    hace 8 años
    I picked up 2 Poang chairs on Craigslist for $40 because I had a place in my home office and had not found what I really wanted.

What started out as my "cheap used Ikea chairs" in my mind has become my "comfortable spot" for working on my iPad.

My wife took the second chair for her home office.

The Poang makes a great placeholder chair, is a lot less than $700, and might fit you so well it becomes the permanent solution. And you might choose a wood tone that matches the wood floors well enough to tie it together.
  • PRO
    Belinda Kelly Interior Design
    hace 8 años

Pass on these. Save your money up for something you love. Try wayfair.ca if you are on a budget.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.