Houzz Logo Print
sanam_muniz

Need major help with tiny kitchen and messed up sink!

S M
hace 8 años
Hi everyone, would love some real advice on how to reconfigure my kitchen. Sorry in advance for the super long post. We just purchased our first home last year and have been living here for 8 months.

When we bought this condo I wasn't crazy about the remodeled kitchen (much too dark for my taste) but I figured I could change it up down the line. What I didn't realize was how messed up the sink situation is. And now that I've been here for almost a year, I'm completely fed up with the sink configuration. But if I'm going to change the sink, I might as well do everything at once.

I've attached photos to illustrate just how bad the sink is. It used to be a corner sink, but I have no idea why it was placed like this during the remodel and how the previous owners were able to live with it. Because of how far to the right the sink is, and the the location of the faucet, I'm forced to wash dishes at an angle. It's extremely uncomfortable and very frustrating!

Additionally, the kitchen is tiny. The length from the fridge to the dishwasher is almost 7 ft. The length from the sink to the back cabinets is barely 5 ft.

I was considering removing the peninsula and moving the sink to where the dishwasher is and moving the dishwasher. But I would love your opinions or other ideas for how to completely reconfigure this space. Thanks in advance!

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Hunter Kitchen & Bath
    hace 8 años

Wow, Sanam! This is a tough kitchen. I feel for you with the sink. That would give anyone a sore lower back.

My suggestion would be to move the sink to where the dishwasher is, and make it a 28"-wide single bowl. I would do this to get it out of the corner, and move the range to where the sink is, unless two of you cook regularly, in which case it will put you in each other's way.

In order to do that, you would need a downdraft hood behind the range or (my favorite here) a hood coming from the ceiling. This only works if you can send the vent to the exterior.

Also, I would move the refrigerator more to the right and put a pull-out pantry (~12"-15" wide) to its left, leaving some storage to its right. If it were my kitchen, I would buy an 18" dishwasher and put it wherever you can adjacent to the sink. I know, it's smaller than you would like, but I've seen a big family be fine with it and you need more storage.

Best of luck. Let me know how it works.

-Chad

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.