trobtison

Need help with slider/dining room

hace 8 años

This is my dining room, shortly after renovation, before the trim work was finished. The dark paneling and brick are gone! The hutch is at one end of the room, the fireplace at the other, with a slider in the middle, looking into the backyard. I am considering some sort of window treatment for a bit of privacy in the evenings. Whatever I do, it must leave the door easily accessible and my other half loves to grill and this is the easiest access point to his three grills. The room is full of white, gray and oak. I have not yet picked out a dominant color. Thoughts?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    hace 8 años

you need some art on the walls on either side. curtains on a rod work best for access, i push mine both to one side when grilling!

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I love the color of your walls!

For this sliding door, I would suggest a panel track. A panel track is an improvement to the standard vertical blind. It has 4-6 large panels of fabric, instead of many 3" slats. They do a great job of providing privacy while still allowing light to glow into the room. Also, they are very easy to slide over when you need access to the door.

http://www.selectblinds.com/verticalblinds/light-filtering-panel-track.html

I think the colors below would fit in nicely with your decor.

• hace 8 años

There are a couple of pieces of art work up, but not at the time the pictures were taken. I'm leaning towards curtains, but open to other options.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

Hello,

Your room is beautiful! I'd suggest a metal curtain rod with a finish to match your light fixtures over the table. Then for the curtains I'd do a simple "soft top drapery" in a light neutral gray color. This will allow you easy access by sliding the drapery to the sides. Your fireplace and area rug provide visual texture with their patterns so I'd refrain from using a bold pattern on the curtains. Here are a few suggestions from Smith and Noble. They allow you to order samples prior to purchasing so select a few, order and make your final decision based on the in-hand fabric samples. Another option is to work with one of their In-home designers.

Smith & Noble Website: http://www.smithandnoble.com

Material Name & Number:

Option 1 - Middleton / Stone 14419

Option 2 - Aspire / Champagne 13918

Option 3 - Heathered Breeze / Natural 14556

Please contact me directly should you have any other questions. Good luck! www.kaycosbyinteriors.design/contact

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.