Houzz Logo Print
lpmflaherty

Open plan kitchen layout for kitchen diner/playroom.

lpmflaherty
hace 8 años
Hi,
We live in an Edwardian property. We have recently knocked through from the old morning room to the dining room. Planning to have the kitchen in the old dining room, which I'd the larger of the two rooms - measures 3.8m X 3.4m.
Most of the kitchen designers have suggested an L shaped layout. I would like a small island but don't want it to dominate the space.
I would like a white modern, sleek and contemporary kitchen. We are also considering porcelain floor tiles. Any ideas welcome.

Comentarios (16)

• PRO
    Kitchenkart
    hace 8 años

http://www.kitchenkart.co.uk

Hi. by the looks of it you have a nice space to work with. If you could email me the measurements I will be happy to conjure up some ideas!

• ingabrereton
    hace 8 años

Because we can see a highchair there it looks like a young child is part of your family. For that reason alone I strongly suggest that white gloss will drive you crazy because it will always be fingermarked and jammy, and porcelain will be noisy and hard for a child to fall on. Try amtico on the floor and a painted finish for the cabinets - just to save yourself a few years of constant irritation from mucky whites. The child/ren will want to run in and out to the garden from the conservatory so I would use that part of the room for sitting and eating. The back wall where the ceiling is a funny shape would be a great place for a bank of cupboards and appliances and if you don't have a separate utility it could be useful to have the washing machine and tumble drier in the conservatory with a sink where the kids can wash their muddy hands.

• PRO
    Hyde Park Bathrooms & Kitchens
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

www.hpbk.co.uk

HI, Please email me your full measurements and we can whip up some ideas for you.

Thanks. Bilal

• PRO
    ICE Interior Ltd
    hace 8 años

Good afternoon, Perhaps you should consider Matt finishes rather than Gloss, as you would find these much more forgiving in terms of cleaning, as mentioned earlier gloss can be a pain particularly with children. In terms of layout often a peninsular provides a lot of the benefits and functionality of an island but can work better in some layouts. Good luck and I hope this helps you?

Warm regards Matthew

• PRO
    Crabtree & Hargreeves Bespoke Interiors
    hace 8 años

Looks like a great space to work with. If you want to send over your plans, we would be happy to help. Here's an install we're doing right now with a similar size space, albeit in a different style.

• lpmflaherty
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Hi, thanks for feedback. Did you attach some pictures of the other install or are the photos on your website?
    Shall I email the size of the room?
    thanks lisa
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

Sorry, I wasn't able to attach the images to the comment, but feel free to have a look through our recent projects on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/CrabtreeandHargreevesBespokeFurniture/

• PRO
    hace 8 años

and if you email me over your plans i can have a look and come up with a brief design layout

• Jonathan
    hace 8 años
    An L shaped design sounds fine to me and I think it's practicality will outweigh concerns about it dominating.
    I agree a soft white is nicer in an older property and a more modern look than gloss but I don't agree that a painted finish is better with young ones as it can chip- I would look for a laminate door which despite being perceived to be lower quality will likely stand up to rough treatment
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 8 años
    That's gorgeous SW !!!
  • PRO
    User
    hace 8 años

Hi there, it really depends on the dimensions of the room. You don't want to make the kitchen feel cramped, but an island does help bring a feeling of inclusion to the kitchen, especially if you have kids. if you have some dimensions, I could draw up a 3D idea for you?

• PRO
    Sustainable Kitchens
    hace 8 años

You could always have a single width island which won't take up the whole space. Here's a couple we've done before:

• PRO
    Premier Kitchens & Bedrooms
    hace 8 años

This is an alternative to a Kitchen Island, in a Kitchen we recently completed in Northamptonshire. There is a full case study on our Houzz profile if you are interested in learning more.

Contemporary Kitchen Northampton · Más información

• PRO
    Emanuele vozza furniture desgin
    hace 8 años

I

think something like this might work in the space you have

• PRO
    Foxwood Kitchens & Fitting Ltd
    hace 7 años

Hello

If you could send over some measurements with details of door & window locations I can suggest a few ideas.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.