Houzz Logo Print
chrsmlln

Need basement kitchen help! Low ceilings!

chrsmlln
hace 8 años
Looking for inexpensive upper cabinets and how to place. Backsplash ideas?

Comentarios (10)

• emmarene9
    hace 8 años

I am tired of backsplashes. All this beautiful kitchen needs is a rug.

• PRO
    Cal-Spec Inc.
    hace 8 años
    Definitely agree with the island suggestion! For the backsplash, something rustic like a faded brick would juxtapose nicely with your modern kitchen, but all the way up to the ceiling. For additional storage, why not add 2 white box shelves across the entire length of your kitchen walls on top of the brick?
  • D J
    hace 8 años
    I wouldn't add a backsplash.
    If the space is small keeping the same wall color gives you an open feeling instead of a chunky feeling.
    You could swap the frame next to the stove for a really big colorful one.
    I think that the colors should come from your accessories.
  • sandradclark
    hace 8 años

Is this your kitchen? I'd go for a humongous island.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Cabinets up to the ceiling! You will see big difference! Upper cabinets will make visually higher the ceiling.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

The horizontal cabinets from Ikea work well for this problem.

• acm
    hace 8 años

I would get white cabinets for the uppers, so that they sort of blend into the ceiling. Get them as tall as will fit, keep it simple.

Farmhouse Chic - Steveston Townhouse · Más información
    White cabinets and backsplash will keep you from subdividing the small space, creating as much continuity (as well as lightness!) as possible.

• PRO
    Candace Plotz Design
    hace 8 años

I think a large island would provide you with lots of extra storage and work surface. I would suggest a white subway tile with a grey grout and take it all the way up to the ceiling.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.