Houzz Logo Print
jmjonker

Dining room rug and decor help!

jmjonker
hace 8 años
We recently started renovating our new home and slowly decorating. I had such a hard time finding a carpet that I gave up and moved onto curtains which probably wasn't the best idea! Do you think the curtains are too busy with our light fixture? Any area rug recommendations? All the grayish ones I've tried haven't been true in color and clashed. Our walls are Benjamin Moore stonington gray with white chair molding.

We really need a rug. Any help with a rug would be great and any suggestions on a table centerpiece, artwork or new dining room chairs would be greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Are you looking for something more modern or are you looking to stay with something more traditional? Any colors in mind?

• jmjonker
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    It's a high traffic space with the kitchen and living room off of it, so I'm not sure that a light ivory would work. I tend to like more modern but don't want to compete with the curtains unless I should consider changing them.
  • jmjonker
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    I was thinking of maybe a blue area rug or grayish to match walls but with some texture or other subtle ivory or color in it that would go, but I am open to suggestions.
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 8 años

Ok that is good to know. I deleted the other rugs so that it wouldn't create too much clutter. Here are a few more options:

• jmjonker
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Do you have small samples?
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

We do not as these are all one of a kind hand knotted wool rugs. But we do offer free shipping, free return shipping and 30 day money back!

• susan2494
    hace 8 años

• PRO
    Shades of Home
    hace 8 años

Rod Pocket Sheers are too casual for the space and the pattern detracts from the lighting fixture. I'd splurge on some solid organic textured side panels with a modern header style (Ripple-fold?), get rid of the 2" blinds and replace with a silhouette or transitional shade for function.

• jmjonker
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Susan - where are the rugs from to see online?
  • jmjonker
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Shades of home - I agree with the shades. Do you have photos of curtains like you describe? Any rug ideas?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.