Houzz Logo Print
klaney01

Curtain help

Hi! The pic is my current bedroom. I'm ordering the yellow/black curtains and will have a white duvet cover and gray walls. What's the best way to hang the curtains? I can only use 1 panel per window since the bed comes over too far. And I would like for them the hang straight, not tied back like my current ones. Should I still use a long curtain rod or use one of the short ones that only goes over the one side of the window?

Comentarios (13)

• Barbara Almandarz
    hace 8 años

Definitely use 2 curtain rods, but I'd like to see them attached higher on the wall. Not sure what length of curtains you ordered, but if you do hang the rods higher, you may need a longer length. I'd put the rods about half way up between the top of the windows and the white ceiling. If you have to cheat a few inches up or down to accommodate standard length curtains that would be ok. If you don't need to close the curtains for privacy or light, then hang them over the wall and just a little of the outside windows. That will give the appearance of a longer wall and balance the weight of your bed which is lovely, but large.

• Kristi Lauffenburger
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks. I see what you're saying about moving the rod up, but the curtains are 84" in length (only option) and if I go higher, they won't touch the floor.

• ckar8
    hace 8 años
    I def agree that rods should be higher, about half way between top.of window and ceiling. It will make your ceiling look taller. Dpending on the fabric, maybe you could adjust a hem to give you some more length and/or use curtain rings with clips on them to give you a few more inches.
    I think having two on each side would look much more balanced and substantial and "wow!" just pull headboard out a bit. :)
  • ckar8
    hace 8 años
    oops, I guess the clips wouldn't work as these are grommet curtains.
  • PRO
    Dell'Osso Interiors
    hace 8 años
    I have 2 options for you
    Option 1
    Buy 2 rods, 2 panels on each window. Hang the rod 6 inches high - that would allow your curtains to still touch the floor. You can place 2 pictures black frame stack together to create your focal point. As it stands your rods are to close to the frame cutting the overall look

Option2
    You can make that wall your focal point by using the same fabric all the length of the wall with enough panels to make it luxurious.
    Without knowing the exact length of your wall I would thing that 8 to 10 panels would do. Then you can hang a black and white picture from the ceiling. I would do a rectangular picture
  • PRO
    Shades of Home
    hace 8 años
    Definitely have the hardware mounted 6-8 inches above the frame. It'll add height to the room. Don't know what length or style of drape, but with the bed intruding into the window you really have no other choice but to have tie backs as you go now.
    You could always purchase a functioning window treatment that doesn't interfere with the drapes - blackout honeycomb shade
  • leelee
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Find alternate curtains with the colors you like so you can get longer panels. Personally, I'd stay away from the big splashy flowers and go with something a little more subtle. Also, your bed is not a style that will work well with flowery drapes.

Pull the headboard away from the window wall about 6 inches so you have room for 2 panels per window that can hang straight down. Try that so you will not need tie-backs. One panel looks flat and skimpy.

• leelee
    hace 8 años

Curtains hang behind a headboard all the time.

• Jillian - Interior design student
    hace 8 años

I agree with the other commenters. 2 rods, 4 panels. 96".

EFF Voyager Rod Pocket Blackout Curtain Panel · Más información

Yellow Scroll Trellis Custom Drapery Single Panel · Más información

• PRO
    Yours by Design
    hace 8 años

I would like to see the panels to the outside of each window. Can you add a faux wood blind underneath to finish off the look? They are relatively inexpensive. Or i have a really inexpensive shutter 2 1/2 ' with hidden tilt that would look great and control the light. even a roller shade can have fabric trim applied to it to dress it up and finish the look. You could also paint your rod a soft gray

• sunnydrew
    hace 8 años
    Can you order them in the next size, 96"?
  • PRO
    Yours by Design
    hace 8 años

If you can't order them longer you could add an accent strip across the bottom. Some workrooms will do this for you. Or you can get double sided tape for a quick fix from the fabric store.

Bella and Birch showhouse CJ. Knapp ASID with Fisher and Frictel Homes · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.