Houzz Logo Print
mikeross

2016 Kitchen Backsplash Trends

Addition Building & Design, Inc.
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

Here are 2 hot trends for 2016 Kitchen Backsplash's. What do you think?

Modern Tile Backsplash
Rock Pattern Backsplash

Comentarios (19)

• Boomers775
    hace 8 años
    Rock pattern would be ok if not so much of it. What you call modern has been used for at least the last 5 years and IMO way overdone.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    hace 8 años

Boomers775... interesting point about "Modern" design and longevity of style... It is an amusing thought exercise to determine when a contemporary idea becomes antiquated. . . and the name "modern" itself will not hold up over the test of time, but what then will we call the aesthetic that now holds that space?

• Xochitl
    hace 8 años

Agree with Design Details the simpler, the better.

• Maureen
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Like stainless as a backsplash, but this is too busy. I also like glass, but have never been a fan of this overused shape and pattern. One trend that I do love is the use of beautiful patterned tiles that have a timeless appeal and provide a sense of personality of the homeowners, as the tiles can be unique and used so differently.

• Elizabeth Z
    hace 8 años

Neither; they are both overdone and will become dated.

• Shelby L
    hace 8 años
    Neither. Just looks unsophisticated to me. I prefer custom glass or maybe a nicer, less busy material. We shall see as kitchen remodel is next year!
  • LouieT
    hace 8 años

Neither, either or either! What source are these "trends" from?

• PRO
    A Good Eye Curated Decor
    hace 8 años

Why do people spend tons of money on cabinetry , granite etc .. If all they end up doing is hiding it all with a BUSY backsplash !! The backsplash should enhance all the other finishes not fight for the spotlight!!!

• Jillian - Interior design student
    hace 8 años

Hmmm, are those really 2016 backsplash trends? I beg to differ.

• gail1979
    hace 8 años
    I can't stand busy mosaic backsplashes. I can't help but feel like they will become the next orange foil wallpaper or avocado green appliances.
  • Bev
    hace 8 años

The rock pattern reminds me too much of the Flinstones--Yaba Daba Doo!

• einportlandor
    hace 8 años

Neither.

• User
    hace 8 años

They're both ugly. Why do you need a back splash that hits you in the face. It's suppose to serve a purpose not assault the senses. I don't think this is the trend anywhere. This is something leftover that someone is trying to get rid of.

• hmarney
    hace 8 años
    Poor taste if you ask me. So many beautiful choices out there, going subtle & sophisticated equals never be tired of looking at it. The second choice is OK, but is already somewhat dated. The first is just all wrong.
  • hmarney
    hace 8 años
    Reverse what I said first choice/second choice order.
  • PRO
    Custom Floors
    hace 7 años

I don't love either one. These are not the Trends. Too busy. Try to keep it simple!!!

• decodivafl
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I'm not a fan of either pictured above.

• Can D
    hace 6 años
    I hate the horizontal glass tiles
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.