Houzz Logo Print
ykjones26

Fantastic room!

ykjones26
hace 8 años
This room has really inspired me as we are about to close on a brand new house. My proposed theater room will be in a 10x12 room. Can you elaborate on how the overhead lighting was done and what material? Is the speaker system in the room a 7.1 system and are there any additional surrounds and ceiling speakers incorporated in the room? Was a 84" inch projector screen about the largest they could go in that size room without detracting from the experience? Was any acoustical treatment done in the room? Thank you in advance for any answers you can provide and thank you for the motivation. Superbly done.
Townsend Theater Room · Más información

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    hace 8 años

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hopefully I can answer all your questions here:

1. The overhead lighting was cove lighting with LED strips, as well as a couple different size lighting fixtures. We did not specify or install the lighting, so that is best I know about it.

2. This is a 5.1 speaker system, as a 7.1 would not have added to the experience in this room. Had the room been shaped a little different we may have chosen a 7.1

3. 84" was the largest without introducing eye strain

4. No acoustical treatment beyond heavy drapes, textured wall paper, and floor coverings

I hope your Home Theater turns out well, small rooms can be tricky!

• ykjones26
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks much for the reply. Planning is underway! My goal is having a dolby atmos set up with 5.2.4. My room will be 12.5"L by 12.11"W. Projector will be a new JVC or Sony. Can you tell me how much throw distance was needed in the room for the JVC projector?

• PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    hace 8 años

I think that throw distance was about 10'

• smoore005
    hace 7 años
    Will you please post a pic of your 12x12 media room? Thank you!
  • PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    hace 7 años

Smoore005 are you requesting a picture of ykjones26's media room? If so we do not have any pictures of that room and you will need to contact them directly. If you are in the Orange County area and would like to discuss your Theater Room please call us at 714-779-9900 to schedule a Consultation.

• PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    hace 7 años

ykjones26, Thank you for replying to smoore005. Sounds like you ended up with a fantastic room! Dolby Atmos is an incredible sound experience. Hopefully we will see some pictures of your project here on Houzz, we would love to see them.

• smoore005
    hace 7 años

Thank you!

• smoore005
    hace 7 años

yes, I am requesting a pic of ykjones room

• ykjones26
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Here is our completed 10x12 room. 5.4.2. Dolby Atmos and two 15” subwoofers. JVC 4K projector with a 96” screen. We have recently sold that home and recently moved to another state and just put an offer on another home that offers another small room for home theater so I am back to the drawing board!

• ykjones26
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Another angle

• Wilson Miranda
    el último año

Wow 10x12! I have a similar size room moving from Jersey to Florida. I was lamenting since I had a 24x16 and thought I could not have something decent for the upcoming media room. You have very nice equipment. Thanks for uplifting my spirits!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.