Houzz Logo Print
courtnay_dunn

Ugly Brick Exterior Needs Help!

Court Dunn
hace 8 años
I just purchased this brick ranch & am SO tempted to paint it. But I've been told that this may hinder its value later on when I'm going to sell it. What else can be done to update the exterior? Other than paint the door & shutter, can I do something with the siding? Something with the chimney? Help!

Comentarios (8)

• Martha Carlton
    hace 8 años
    Try painting all the trim to match in white then paint siding green. Don't paint the bricks.
    Best of Kansas City 2015 · Más información
  • Martha Carlton
    hace 8 años
    Also paint doors and shutters to match siding perhaps removing shutters altogether
  • flopsycat1
    hace 8 años

The pointy evergreens and gumdrop shrubs look very dated. New landscaping would go along way in updating your home. The metal filigree supports for the carport could be replaced with simpler posts. I happen to like painted brick, but have no idea how it impacts resale.

• flopsycat1
    hace 8 años

• PRO
    Kendra Redekop Design
    hace 8 años

I would try a lime wash and paint all the trim and gables in a dark charcoal for contrast.

• csch
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I would remove the shutters and paint the siding under the gables a better color than white, either a gray, or sage green, or blue-gray or off-white with the trim to match. Mainly it needs a landscaping update, get rid of the ball shaped small shrubs entirely, see how that looks, then see if the other shrubs should come out too.

• PRO
    F13 Design Studio, LLC
    hace 8 años

Our below designs will help you.

Cottage Model, Essex, MD · Más información

Chesapeake Landscape Group Via Ainsley and Company · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.