Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5064770

Cold foyer!

hace 8 años
Hi- I am in need of some ideas to warm up my foyer. I would like it to have a warm and welcoming feel. I know I need some rugs and furniture along with updated stair carpeting, but am unsure where to start! Please ignore the black carpet! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I agree with Diane. You have such a beautiful entry I think a Persian rug would add even more opulence.

http://www.rugknots.com/

I think that the space needs a little height...maybe with a table table lamp or candlesticks.

User agradeció a RugKnots | Area Rugs
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

Perhaps sharing some photos of our designs will help?

Staircase · Más información

Transitional Hall · Más información

• PRO
    hace 8 años

1. I think you could quickly remedy the "cold" situation by changing the color of the walls. You've selected a midnight blue color which is a visually "cold" and unwelcoming color. You might opt for a warmer color like a soft nantucket red or something like that. You could also switch and invest in wallpaper with pattern. The pattern will lead your eye up and create interest in the room.

2. For a larger investment, I think changing out your beige ceramic floors to a warm and welcoming hardwood would create a vast improvement.

3. As some of the others mentioned, I would recommend switching out the area rug to something a bit visually softer. It could be a cream rug with a graphic or a warmer colored Persian. But, as it stands, I think the large black and white graphic is a bit too out of place or too contemporary for the setting.

4. Lastly, you could definitely do with a pair of taller lamps in the space. You might even want to add a skirted table in a plain fabric with maybe a bank of navy trim at the bottom (and place between the two chairs). The skirt will visually fill up the back hall and make it seem more welcoming. You could re-use the current lamp and put it on the skirted table. But, replace the black shade with a creamy one.

User agradeció a BARCLAY STONE INTERIORS
  • hace 8 años
    I would suggest a few things: 1) use at least two rugs to divide the space visually- one for the back and one for the front (the front one is too large). Persian would be beautiful, but let's lighten up the floor a bit, since the wall colour is so dark. 2) Hang a curtain rod high and across the back wall of windows and doors. Try using light colour drapes to frame and soften the edges of that end of the hallway. 3) rather than two spindle chairs, why not add a cozy bench or an armchair with a small table along that wall with an interesting arrangement of small pieces of framed art or mirrors? Good luck!
    User agradeció a Liane Littlejohn
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

You have a lovely foyer! However, it is rather dark. So, it needs to lighten up with a long hall table on the left (where the chairs are) on top of which you could add a couple of great lamps. Above the table, I would put either a fabulous mirror (to catch any light) coming inside the foyer or a wonderful painting. On the floor, I would also add a long and fabulous oriental rug with red and blue tones. Oriental rugs add warmth to a space and hides all sorts of things especially good for an entrance.

User agradeció a FLAIR INTERIOR DESIGN
  • hace 8 años
    Another thing you could do is instead of the 2 wooden chairs put 2 upholstered chairs. That would add some warmth. Ultimately though I think its the white tile that has such a cold effect. Hardwood would be warm and beautiful.
    User agradeció a shiningautumn888
  • hace 8 años
    You also have plenty of room to do a round foyer table in the center of room
  • hace 8 años

I would start out by selecting a new staircase runner. Be a little playful with it! (Don't choose based on the large blue rug, that needs to go.)

River Dunes Captain's House · Más información

User agradeció a pcmom1
  • hace 8 años

Mix the styles up some and add a large table where the blue rug was.

Wolfram-Foyer · Más información

User agradeció a pcmom1
  • hace 8 años

Hi Everyone-Thank you so much for all your helpful comments! I really appreciate your thoughts. I neglected to elaborate on the black rug-it is an outdoor rug from my patio that I was trying to flatten out when I took the picture! You have given me a lot of inspiration and some great ideas-thanks again! Tracy

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.