Houzz Logo Print
meganmccormick2

Scratches on Quartz countertop

meganmccormick2
hace 8 años

I recently had Quartz countertops installed. Today I noticed a lot of scratches on a section of the countertops. I have no idea what created the scratches. Any advice on how to remove the scratches from the countertops? Or thoughts on why a product that is supposed to resist scratches does the opposite.

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc
    hace 8 años

Quartz countertops are theoretically not supposed to scratch as easily as granite or marble. Try cleaning the countertop. If it does not come off after being cleaned than I would contact your granite/quartz fabricator.

• meganmccormick2
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you. I have tried scrubbing the tops but it did nothing. It appears that the black color on top has been removed revealing the white underneath

• PRO
    Italian Marble & Granite Inc
    hace 8 años

I would call your fabricator, some quartz stones have a warranty

• acm
    hace 8 años

There shouldn't be any "white underneath," as a quartz surface should be the same material all the way through. You might have a coating that has been scratched, but we can't possibly know. Only your fabricator.

• meganmccormick2
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you for your responses. I will contact the contractor who installed the countertops. One more question. I am neive when it comes to countertops, contractors and how to deal with this situation. Could the contractor have put in a product other than Quartz? One that looks like Quartz? When they drilled the holes for the faucet the coloring in the hole was white not black

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

What's the name of your stone? Some stones are sold as quartz when in fact they are something else. Natural products such as quartzite are not as hard as the man made quartz. There have been several people who thought they purchased man made quartz only to find out the stone they chose was a natural product.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.