Houzz Logo Print
lillybee62002

Electrical dilemma

lillybee62002
hace 8 años

I bought my first home. On the inspection report it showed that the two outlets in the kitchen were not gfi's. I called a local electrician that had good reviews. I sent him the inspection report and he came to fix the problem with his partner. He told me I could switch the receptacles or the breakers switches themselves to gfi's. He said both did the same but the breaker was cheaper. So I had him change the breaker pieces. After that I noticed that if i use the garbage disposal switch the dishwasher breaker trips. Both are on the same receptacle were they are plugged into under the sink but they are wired to different breakers so I assume they are on different circuits. The switch for the disposal is on the wall receptacle that shares outlet plugs but those are on the breaker that trips along with dishwasher. So basically everytime I use the disposal that it connected to breaker 10.. It trips breaker 12. They both use the same receptacles but are on different breakers. I tested a different appliance on breaker 10.. And same thing happens..so its not an appliance issue. Was the gfi breakers installed wrong; should it have been installed on the wall receptacle instead; or is it a faulty gfi. I don't see a reset for the gfi breaker just a test button

Comentarios (2)

• User
    hace 8 años

Before doing anything else, call the electrician and have him look at it. You are correct - some gfi's don't like small appliances, but they should not be tripping like that. Could be a neutral that is wired wrong or something else. Have them check it - most tradespeople will warranty their work.

• PRO
    Tighe Electrical LLC
    hace 8 años

I hope you have had the issue solved, if not it sounds like you have a shared neutral between the two circuits (or both neutrals are connected in the kitchen), the GFCI measures the number of electrons out and wants to see the same back, a shared neutral would upset this balance and constantly trip the GFCI. This is an easy fix for an experienced electrician.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.