Living room hardwood · Más información

I live in a house that I would describe as traditional on the exterior. I have decided finally to put some personality in the home after having built it 11 years ago leaving it pretty bland. The carpet in the great room needs to be replaced and I want to use hardwood. I do not want to go too traditional with it because I think it is boring. Question is would it be a disaster if I went with the one I am thinking about. I am obviously not a home designer. I will send you photos of exterior of house, area to be treated and samples of wood that I have picked out. Please help me!

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

I would do walnut flooring I find it can be very traditional or very contemporary so is often my go to for flooring it has an elegant look and I love the color.

tobagodoc agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Arimar International
    hace 8 años

The new trend on hardwood floors is to go with wider planks and longer lengths. The Smoked European Rustic White Oak is really beautiful. Please see picture.

There is a wide range of European White Oaks with different textures and colors to fit your life style and décor.

tobagodoc agradeció a Arimar International
  • tobagodoc
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. What do you think about the wood sample three from the left on my last picture? Do you think it would be too much in such a large space as the great room and dining room where I am replacing the cherry wood floor? I like hand scraped and favor a light color wood. I just don't know if it is well suited to my home.

• PRO
    Arimar International
    hace 8 años

Is it the white washed one? It looks nice. I am attaching some pictures of light wood for you to see on a larger scale.

tobagodoc agradeció a Arimar International
  • tobagodoc
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

So you do not think that the distressed nature of the wood would take away from the classic look that I am trying to achieve?

• tobagodoc
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Especially juxtaposed with the staircase which is not changing and the tile which is also not changing.

• jhmarie
    hace 8 años

A traditional floor is not boring - it gives a very flexible look that can go with any style. Your rugs, furniture, art and other decor will be what gives you your pop of wow. The great thing about a mid tone to natural floor is that when you are tired of one style, it easily can be adapted to your new style.

tobagodoc agradeció a jhmarie
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.