Houzz Logo Print
hanhrph97

Landscaping idea needed for an Eichler

Hanh
hace 11 años
Our front yard is bumpy (due to tree roots) and has extensive grass. I wanted to see if anyone has any idea on how we can redo our yard for a clean, low maintenance yard with a walk up to the door. We redid the siding and painted house last year using the similar Eichler sidings. This is a corner lot. We wanted low cost and low maintenance. I wanted a low watering with more of a desert look or grassy look without the need to hire a gardener.

Any idea or suggestions you have would be truly appreciated.

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    EasyTurf
    hace 11 años
    Low watering? Low maintenance? You want EasyTurf - you get the same look and feel of a lush, green lawn, but not all the maintenance and water costs. Our installation crews will level the ground and make sure to work around any tree roots. Check us out - www.easyturf.com - and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
  • yvonnecmartin
    hace 11 años
    Where are you located? What horticultural zone?
  • PRO
    Urban Oasis Landscape Design
    hace 11 años
    You definitely need to keep with a mid century modern/contemporary look. I would just keep the lawn where you would use it - if any at all. Then for the modern look just choose a couple of plants and repeat them, keeping them in drifts. You probably want to stay symmetrical. Choose drought tolerant plants like most grasses, kangaroo paws, new zealand flaxes and/ or succulents. Install drip irrigation to further save water. You could also create a walkway to your front door using rectangular pavers and leaving space in between to fill with pebbles and/or ground overs like dymondia.
  • Hanh
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you everyone for your input. My house is in Southern California. Thanks Urban Oasis & LessisMoore for your input. That's what I would like. I just struggled on the plants, so definitely thank you for sharing.

Hanh
  • groveraxle
    hace 11 años
    Some good ideas for some one who did it himself: http://totheweb.com/eichler/frontyard/front_yard_2005.html

Hardscape and native plants.

San Rafael Modern Eichler · Más información

SF Retro Modern · Más información
  • Claudianne Young
    hace 11 años
    Where is your door?
  • Hanh
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    The door is in the carport, front & left side of the car. See the attached below.
  • PRO
    Urban Oasis Landscape Design
    hace 11 años
    If you are in the Los Angeles area feel fee to contact me.
  • PRO
    Lyon Landscape Architects
    hace 11 años
    Based on the images Urban Oasis has shown, I would stick with their mid century style ideas and add some textures and colors with grasses and succulents as mentioned. It looks like a good opportunity to add an ornamental tree or 3 to provide shade and keep the front yard cooler throughout the day. Its a blank canvas! So many fun opportunities! Good luck
  • PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    hace 8 años

Park your car on the street and add some planters along the right side of the front walk, incorporting some lights with the planters, to guide your guests to the hidden welcoming area beyond.

Add some furniture, where the car was parked and invite your neighbor for morning coffee and review of the morning news. It is a pleasant cool outdoor room, embrace it.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.