Houzz Logo Print
anniegray1023

Painting stone fireplace

Annie
hace 8 años

I would like to paint this fireplace and lighten it up to a neutral instead of the dark browns. Any advice on what paints or stains to do this?

THANKS

Comentarios (8)

• raineycarole
    hace 8 años
    I have a similar fireplace, except someone had painted the grout black! used watered down chalk paint to paint the grout. And I watered it down a bit more and whitewashed the stones. It made a huge difference.
  • PRO
    Pro Skill Construction
    hace 8 años

Chalk paint is a great option if the grout is sealed - if you're looking for a single color. Whitewashing it is also a nice option then doing a dark stain mantle would look nice.

• jt6512
    hace 8 años

I would highly recommend Not painting the stone. I would overgrout it in a lighter ivory or a light color that is in some if the stone. I would also consider capping the bottom step with a limestone base or similar type to update it. I would also get rid of the mantel. It seems too small for such a large fireplace. I would look for a reclaimed wood beam or thicker mantel to give it more character.

• jt6512
    hace 8 años

• jt6512
    hace 8 años

• jt6512
    hace 8 años

Just some samples. You can even change out the fireplace screen to update it. Good luck!

• Janet W
    hace 6 años
    Would you post a picture of your finished project? I have a similar fireplace with huge dark brown stones and grey grout. I'd love to change it. I liked the paint it white idea but wondered what it looked like.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.