anniegray1023

Painting stone fireplace

Annie
hace 5 años

I would like to paint this fireplace and lighten it up to a neutral instead of the dark browns. Any advice on what paints or stains to do this?

THANKS

Comentarios (8)

• raineycarole
    hace 5 años
    I have a similar fireplace, except someone had painted the grout black! used watered down chalk paint to paint the grout. And I watered it down a bit more and whitewashed the stones. It made a huge difference.
  • PRO
    Pro Skill Construction
    hace 5 años

Chalk paint is a great option if the grout is sealed - if you're looking for a single color. Whitewashing it is also a nice option then doing a dark stain mantle would look nice.

• jt6512
    hace 5 años

I would highly recommend Not painting the stone. I would overgrout it in a lighter ivory or a light color that is in some if the stone. I would also consider capping the bottom step with a limestone base or similar type to update it. I would also get rid of the mantel. It seems too small for such a large fireplace. I would look for a reclaimed wood beam or thicker mantel to give it more character.

• jt6512
    hace 5 años

• jt6512
    hace 5 años

• jt6512
    hace 5 años

Just some samples. You can even change out the fireplace screen to update it. Good luck!

• Janet W
    hace 4 años
    Would you post a picture of your finished project? I have a similar fireplace with huge dark brown stones and grey grout. I'd love to change it. I liked the paint it white idea but wondered what it looked like.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.