patricia_luciani

Something missing to bring my dinning room alive. Any suggestions?

Patricia Luciani
hace 8 años
I just recently repainted my dinning room from a dark colour to Rever Pewter to match my open concept house. It already look much brighter but I feel some it is still drab and needs more pop. Any ideas?

Comentarios (22)

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    hace 8 años

Hi,

I think what you're missing in this space would be an artwork or a mirror to fill in the empty wall space.

A simple mirror or an artwork with bright area rugs might also be an option.

I don't know what your whole color scheme is, but bringing in all the other colors that you have going on around the space would be nice.

Below are some suggestions.

New York Morning Wall Art · Más información

Uttermost Autumn Waves Hand Painted Art · Más información

Webb Mosaic Mirror · Más información
    Uttermost Corbis Decorative Metal Mirror · Más información

Uttermost Sorbolo Silver Mirror · Más información

Solid Formal Living Room Area Rug, Hand-Tufted, Gray And Terra, 8'x11' · Más información

~5 ft. x 7 ft. Grey with Yellow Transitional Living Room Area Rug, Hand-Tufted · Más información

Kaleen Global Inspirations Collection Rug, 8'x10' · Más información

Bashian Westerly Area Rug, Gray/Gold, 7.6'x9.6' · Más información

Hope I gave you some good inspirations in terms of color, shapes or just in general!

Have fun and good luck!

• Patricia Luciani
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thank you! Yes I full agree I have a picture, a mirror and a carpet that I plan to bring in. I am working with pinks, ice blue and orange.
  • PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    hace 8 años

I think something like the photos below would be fun!

I can tell you for sure that the gray is definitely in right now. Gray products come in a variety of hues and undertones- it shouldn't be challenging to find something in cool grays that would go nicely with your ice blue, orange and pink color palette.

8'x11' Gray and Blue Solid Formal Living Room Area Rug, Hand-Tufted · Más información

Jaipur Flat-Weave Tribal Pattern Wool Blue/Gray Area Rug (8 x 10) · Más información

Transitional Gray Hand Hooked Area Rug, Paisley Ve02, Gray, 5'x8' · Más información

Weave & Wander Sagio Rug, Pewter/Dark Gray, 7'6"x10'6" · Más información

Surya Mamba 5'x8' Hand Tufted Rug · Más información

Maybe not exactly the patterns you're looking for- but some more ideas!

I think your space will look nice after bringing in some bright fun colors.

Make sure to post after photos!

• PRO
    Mirror Windows
    hace 8 años

Mahogany or white Mirror Windows might add interest, expand the feel of the space and beautifully reflect the chandelier.

• Patricia Luciani
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Rule of thumb how can we determine the appropriate height when hanging a picture and or a mirror.
  • susan2494
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

If hanging a picture over a console or another cabinet, bottom of art/mirror should be 5-7" above surface. If hanging just on a bare wall, I usually, hang so bottom of object is just above the tops of the dining chairs. On any wall, middle should be at eye level. It is also recommended that middle of object be 56-58" from floor.

• susan2494
    hace 8 años

Check out Pier 1 for some great wall art and décor for your dining room.

• mrskain1
    hace 8 años
    I would add crown moulding. The room seems to lack bit of contrast.
  • PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    hace 8 años
    Rule of thumb for hanging mirror/artwork....if hanging above an item (sofa, console, etc), and said item is 30" or more tall, the artwork should be anywhere from 5"-8" above said item. If hanging alone or above item less than 30" tall, artwork should me hung where the CENTER of artwork is between 60"-64" (depending on height of people viewing art. For your back wall, a beautiful piece or pieces needs to be between 1/2 to 2/3 of wall width...preferably 2/3rds. Find something that speaks to you not just to fit the space.
  • PRO
    Manhattan Home Design
    hace 8 años

I like the idea of some hints of color, maybe add some floating shelves with a few bits and pieces that add some texture or three dimensions to the space. Going with the Transitional Gray Hand Hooked Area Rug, Paisley Ve02, Gray, 5'x8' I'd consider some wine and burgundy tones and maybe some pale blue.Good luck :)

• Darzy
    hace 8 años

The biggest impact would be to wallpaper the back wall and hang a pretty mirror above the buffet.

Contemporary Dining Room · Más información

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 8 años

Don't put a mirror over the buffet. It will reflect the chandelier and there's an issues with glare already. Additionally, people don't want to watch themselves chew when they're eating at your table. Could use some art for color and raise the chandelier a bit.

• Maureen
    hace 8 años

Accessorize - looks like you have blue in your chairs so you could add a light blue overdyed rug, add a large mirror over your sideboard, a grouping of prints on the long wall, and a lovely centrepiece. Play around with the items on top of the buffet and include candles, so when you are entertaining their glow will reflect in the mirror. You could also add a small lamp. See link around creating Vignettes and use your mercury glass vases for sure. [https://www.houzz.com/magazine/decorating-101-the-abcs-of-arranging-vignettes-stsetivw-vs~33336175?utm_source=Houzz[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/decorating-101-the-abcs-of-arranging-vignettes-stsetivw-vs~33336175?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u775&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery12)

Hudson Residence · Más información
    Historical Buildings Framed Art Set/4 · Más información

Kaleen Restoration Res01 Rug, Gray, 8'x10' · Más información

• Patricia Luciani
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thanks all for your great feedback. See pics for the updates so far...waiting on carpet.
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    I would paint the ceiling SW rain washed at fifty percent mix
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    Center the table under the light
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    I would swap the art and the mirror and maybe even hang the mirror vertical
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    Your table would look great with some large ginger jars on them for color
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    This is what they look like, I think your style is fun and I would run with the color as you have just not over done, keep the walls and curtains neutral
  • PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    hace 8 años

Here is one of our dining room projects to provide some inspiration.

Open Concept Family Friendly Home · Más información

• Patricia Luciani
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    @Brandi Nash Hicks I love the picture you sent. If I have a mirror in place instead of a picture would you still suggest I put table lamps? Is that not going to reflect to much light off the mirror?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.