Houzz Logo Print
mlockwood

Need a lot of help with window dressing

Michelle
hace 8 años
I have a huge dilemma with dressing 2 French doors and 1 window. The window and 1 set of French doors is in the living room and the 2nd set of French doors is in the living room......however the living room & dining room are adjoining. I've tried to show this in these pictures however it's difficult to give the full view.

Firstly how do I dress these windows/doors? Do they all need to be dressed? Would it look odd to dress just the doors in the living room? And any suggestions on how to dress them? I've been putting this off as I have no idea but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Sort Our Stuff
    hace 8 años
    Same fabric with Roman blinds on Windows and curtains n the French doors. Classy!
  • hortonhearsawho2013
    hace 8 años

Use a neutral colour and as above, Roman blinds for the window and eyelet curtains for the french doors

• PRO
    Shutterly Fabulous
    hace 8 años

HI - what a lot of windows! You could consider shutters for both the door and window - they are great at keeping heat in during the winter, but can help bounce light around (if you pick a light colour) when folded right back in summer. Here are a couple of our images to give you an idea of how it could look. Best of luck with your project. SF

Kelly Hoppen for Shutterly Fabulous · Más información

Shutters for patio doors · Más información

Kitchen shutters for doors · Más información

• Michelle
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Hi, quick question as a follow up to your suggestion to install shutters. Should shutters match the colour of your window frame?

• PRO
    Shutterly Fabulous
    hace 8 años

Hi mlockwood - not necessarily would be our answer. If you have frames painted a distinctive colour - like black - then it might look smarter to co-ordinate. But for plain white window frames we think any colour shutter looks fab! The frames of the shutters will of course be the same colour, and a white frame on the window only highlights the clean lines. Here is our Houzz board of colourful shutters to give you some ideas. http://www.houzz.co.uk/projects/860177/colourful-shutters

SF

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.