Houzz Logo Print
bmabuza24

Living room too plain

busi
hace 8 años
My living room is a bit open n too plain not sure how to decorate it, please help!

Comentarios (27)

• busi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Kindly find attached photos as requested.
  • terry toon
    hace 8 años
    How about some pretty curtains on both windows, and a few throw pillows and throws for the sofa?
  • Lisa DiPaola
    hace 8 años
    I would flip the sofa around instead of staring at the walls, face toward other parts. Put part under the window so it doesnt seem your limiting to just that corner of the room. The sofa is large and the TV is dwarfed from that. I would probably put the TV on wall with surrounding frame or shelving and/or dare me to say, get a larger TV. Now as that came out of my mouth Im thinking thats what you wanted someone to say so you can justify that! Lol.
  • shirlpp
    hace 8 años

Your latest pictures do not show the rug?

• Diane Land
    hace 8 años

Some ideas:

Add some fun artwork

• Diane Land
    hace 8 años

All the above available at Wayfair.com.

Also add some personal items- a shelf on the wall with some family photos, a tall vase on the floor to mimic your framed picture. Just add some of your personality to the space. It's the same as dressing yourself- matching the colors you would wear then adding some jewelry to spice it up.

• cparfc438
    hace 8 años
    Before more decor is added, imagine you have invited folks to watch a football game. You may want to consider rearranging the seating and tv placement to give you the best options possible for having a lot of people watching tv from all the seats and not crossing in front of tv when they have to leave the area for a moment. Think about where drinks and snacks will be set for each person-coffee tables, side tables, trays. Maybe a larger tv could be in the future. Since the room is dedicated to watching tv, make it work the best way possible!
  • everdebz
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Flor carpet tiles can be rinsed off. This would add color and/ or a textured look. For entry and/ or seating area:

Just Plain Folk Carpet Tile, Linen · Más información

Good Vibrations Carpet Tile · Más información
    Mizone Aries Quilted Reversible Throw · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 8 años

Possibly addition to go with your rug? Nice texture would show over the back of sectional. Buy a large enough one.

Plain because there's no variation in your seating / it's an L / what do you think about separating it?

Checker Throw · Más información
    Thumbprintz Splatter No I Red Coral Fleece Throw · Más información

• busi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Tried to match my rug with the sofa
  • everdebz
    hace 8 años

Do you like it? It should extend some under all the 'legs' of the couch. Might not be large enough, but what do you think?

• busi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    At first I loved it coz it matches my couch very well but I guess I'm loosing interest now and need change, was thinking of getting another 1 with some bright colors like yellow orange maybe, anything to brighten up the place.
  • everdebz
    hace 8 años

Ok, that happens to all of us that we tire of things we see every day! Will you be able to post photos of the rest of the room - what you see going past the sectional? Thanks.

• everdebz
    hace 8 años

I'm not great on re-arranging furniture, so what do you think of Lisa's idea? It does seem to occupy a large chunk / and from the front door: almost an obstacle!??

• terry toon
    hace 8 años
    I'd you to sell half of your sofa. Is that doable?
  • busi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    What I've posted is probably the rest of the living room, I don't think rearranging the sofas will do as I only have 1 tv plug that's where the tv is, I'm also considering a fireplace
  • busi
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Selling half the sofa won't do at least I'm able to separate it
  • terry toon
    hace 8 años
    Do you have another room you could put part of it in, or do you really need that much seating?
  • User
    hace 8 años

Changing accessories is much cheaper than changing big pieces of furniture.

• shirlpp
    hace 8 años

Seriously - selling the sofa...I would not entertain that - who can afford it and the time it takes to do this.

You need to rearrange the furniture as was suggested. Do not worry about the one plug for the TV, you can always use an extension. Then place the rug that you have in the newly arranged setup and post more pictures so that we can be of further assistance...otherwise...you will continue to get more of the same feedback.

• mikeonabike69
    hace 8 años
    How about big fluffy shag rug large enough to fill seating area. With patterned drapes floor to ceiling on windows
  • mikeonabike69
    hace 8 años
    Also hang TV and add floating shelves around it with a few different family or kids photos framed leaning on shelves have a few huge ones and just layer them. Also a throw blanket no pillows and a sofa table behind couch with 2 lamps.
  • terry toon
    hace 8 años
    A bigger brighter rug would be nice, so would more wall art. If you could move the corner piece of the sofa to another room it would make for easier living in there.
  • User
    hace 8 años
    Curtains, will also reduce the glare on the window, needs some colour and if you don't/can't move the TV then that wall space just to the right looks like a good spot for putting in a photo collage of family photos
  • PRO
    Furniture Design Gallery Inc
    hace 8 años

Nothing finishes off a room like a beautiful piece of furniture. A small entertainment center would do the trick here. These can be made in any size...

Contemporary White Entertainment Center with Fireplace · Más información

Showroom Item · Más información

• shirlpp
    hace 8 años

Hello - Did you make any changes?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.