Houzz Logo Print
houzzukpolls

POLL: Which country has the best style?

HouzzUK Polls
hace 8 años

The Japanese are known for their minimalism, the French for their elegance and Aussies for their laidback living, but which country do you think has the best style?

Vote and tell us in the comments below!

Other - tell us below!

Comentarios (24)

• User
    hace 8 años

The Italians seem to just get it so right when fusing old with new.

• Radhika Sethia
    hace 8 años

Do love the Italian style!

• Simon R
    hace 8 años
    Love the Russian & UK ones. Very cosy!
  • Isabelle
    hace 8 años
    Dutch have amazing interior design
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I would not want to pick out a country as versatility is key, climate can dictate style and choices, but equally the architecture of the build, brief and client! I'll say UK at a push... as we're multicultural! Here we have it all from minimal, to Scandi natural living to opulent and the extreme extravagance... (not necessarily beautiful or tasteful!) We love interior design and want it all to suit our many varieties of taste..

: ))

• User
    hace 8 años
    Loved the Italian room style wise, but I think the UK wins for eclectic mix, individualism and cosiness.
  • keen bean
    hace 8 años

I don't think this is a fair poll! We have many, many nationalities in the UK who all create their own style. I think on looking through those pictures above I could be certain that I'd find a similar house style in the UK. I can't vouch for some of those other countries having not been to some of them. Okay we do seem to be cramped for space in UK and it's rare to have a 2-storey house in many areas of Australia, but that's not to say that there aren't some huge open plan lovely houses around in the UK. So maybe then it's the UK as we have all mix of styles?

• soozmacrae
    hace 8 años

I think the UK is most versatile, but USA is my second choice.

• spmm
    hace 8 años
    That was a hard one! I am guilty of switching my 'country' setting frequently in Houzz, so I can enjoy the variety - mostly just looking at the pics of course, not multilingual. I voted for Japan based on the photos and because they do small spaces so well.
  • fräulein mooy
    hace 8 años
    I could never tell!
    I love British Design as it is jazzy and colourfull and even classy somehow! but i also love Dutch/Netherlands traditional architecture for it's cute decorations and humour! Indian fabrics are pretty with their silky shiny touch (too bad you can't always be sure it isn't child labour!!) and the calmth of japanese interieur style.
    And who can resist scandinavian coolness?
  • angelboyman
    hace 8 años
    I'm from England but I just love how the Americans work with wood. All the window and door trims, the wall panel, timber cornices seven the recessed ceilings. Add that to the exterior features such as outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, which I love. There's so many US based ideas that I'm incorporating into our new build. I'm aware that they've taken these ideas from other countries but they put the, together really well I think.
  • angelboyman
    hace 8 años
    Damn predictive text...
  • Najeebah
    hace 8 años
    Denmark. I've never been there, but the work of the famous among their art/ architecture/ general design people appeals to me, on the whole. I'd love to visit the Design Museum in Copenhagen
  • PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    hace 8 años

You missed the busy but awesomely colourful and decorative styles of India and Morocco. A huge inspiration for us Boho lovers :)

• User
    hace 8 años

We Aussies take up new trends more quickly, from my Houzz experience. We are just more adventurous.

• Emmeline Westin
    hace 8 años

What's trending in Australia now Chook?

True @JML - this list is of Houzz countries, and there's no Houzz India or Morocco yet, but agree, amazing styles and should definitely be included.

• User
    hace 8 años

Well, in Australian House And Garden there is a whole page devoted to petrol blue, but Houzz beat them to that, we all know what that really is

Click on it

• PRO
    Eadonstone Ltd
    hace 8 años

Germany! We have just installed a LEICHT kitchen into our showroom. Modern, sophisticated and elegant.

• PRO
    studio198
    hace 8 años

US has more space to play around with interiors.

• PRO
    Moorland Kitchens & Tiles Ltd
    hace 7 años

Denmark's kitchens are more contemporary.

• PRO
    Lena Jones Designs
    hace 7 años

clean lines and timeless elegant interiors

• PRO
    Robeys
    hace 7 años

Love the Danish style

• PRO
    Onik Build Ltd
    hace 7 años

Definitely UK.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.